Old Photo - Brass Era Model T Touring Car With Accessory Cowl And Underslung Acetylene Tank

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Brass Era Model T Touring Car With Accessory Cowl And Underslung Acetylene Tank
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 10:08 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Pharis on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 12:03 am:

Is this a early 15 or a 14 with a cowl?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 12:14 am:

I've never seen one with an underslung acetylene tank. Was this common?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 12:30 am:

I've see a few pics with acetylene bottle under the running board. I would think it would catch a lot of mud and road debris.

14 with the cowl window extension? It looks like the windshield is one piece.

Great pic, thanks for posting....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 06:18 am:

Hi Rob,

Those windshields are two piece and both halves do open.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 08:04 am:

Nice accessory. Do they have a brand name? Maybe we could find an advertisement.

Thanks Bill....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 08:37 am:

The name on the windshield's handle is Vanguard. I can't be sure that they actually produced the cowl also, but I am rather certain that the cowl and windshield were sold as a unit. I have seen advertisements for these, but don't have one in my computer to share now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 09:11 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 12:35 pm:

Appears to be using this style of Prest-O-Lite bracket under the running board because of the spare tire mount location. Probably attached to the running board supports.

I use a set like these and if I mounted my Prest-O-Lite "B" tank under the running board, there would only be 9-inches clearance. The sump is only 10-inches on my '14 touring.

I like the tank above the running board where I can turn it on, or off, from the driver's seat.

Ken in Texas

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration