Henrietta's battery box

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Henrietta's battery box
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 12:00 am:

In Australia all petroleum products were imported during the T era. Distribution to country and outback centres was made in square 5 gallon tins, packed two at a time in wooden boxes like these.

Both the boxes and empty cans were recycled in many and varied ways.

Henrietta's battery box was once a petrol case, but when I bought her the lid was missing.

I hunted down a damaged box to make a replacement lid. The one I found was a Pennant brand kerosine box, for which I traded Gargoyle oil box with rope handles on the ends I needed. The kero box had alteady been recycled twice.

One end of the box was printed on both sides, so the side of the lid I made has printing on display.

It meeds to be kicked around the workshop floor a bit to take off some of the raw edges of my handiwork.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 12:05 am:

VERY cool Allan!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 06:20 am:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration