ACCESSORY OF THE DAY - 01/30/18 - STEERING COLUMN TO COWL SUPPORT BRACKET

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: ACCESSORY OF THE DAY - 01/30/18 - STEERING COLUMN TO COWL SUPPORT BRACKET
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 09:26 am:

This is the best support bracket for the steering column I have ever seen for the early cowled Model T. It clamps to the cowl lip so there is no need for drilling. It really helps take the spring out of the steering column without putting holes in your car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 09:31 am:

I wonder why it never get as popular as the one that goes on under the dash and attaches to the firewall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 10:40 am:

Hi Jay,

That is SO clever! No holes to drill and a friction fit as it is slid down the steering column. THAT is the kind of thinking and creativity that MADE America great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 10:43 am:

Timing. It was practically obsolete as soon as the patent was applied for. There would have been some market with the 1915-20 cars on the road, but not a growing one. Looks like a great item ! Thanks for a thorough look at this piece Jay !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 11:29 am:

A clock or other accessory could be mounted on the flat spot. It would make a great item to reproduce but I doubt it would pay in the long run to do so.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration