Not Quite Model T -- NRS carburetor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Not Quite Model T -- NRS carburetor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 02:52 pm:

Because a lot of you probably haven't seen one of these. It is an unmarked Kingston, probably used mostly on the 1906 NRS Fords.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 02:59 pm:

Short explanation. First, I didn't notice before I took the photo I had put the air valve on upside down for the last photo.

Air valve sets down over the needle and orifice. Starting, it is closed to "choke" the mixture. After starting it pulls up to allow more air. A spring helps hold it down. The only real adjustment is the fuel supply needle which opens in the orifice in the lower section.

The needle and seat are interesting. The needle is weighted and at rest closes the fuel inlet. As the float lowers it pulls the needle off of the seat for fuel flow. Simple and works well.

Not much else to it except this is about the only one I have ever seen without that support arm broken and brazed.

Cool Carb. Just got it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 07:44 pm:

That IS a very cool carb and I myself have never seen one with my own eyes.
Thanks Stan!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 08:29 pm:

Actually that carb is for 1907. Not to be picky but the earlier, 06 variety did not have the needle alignment arm. Nice carburetor, Stan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 08:33 pm:

Oh yes, its a Holley. The 07 Kingstons had a air valve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 08:35 pm:

Kinda like a Schebler. Don't know why I don't think of these things all at once. ;^)
I'll stop now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 09:52 pm:

Thanks, the parts book for n r s does not identify the maker, the guy I bought it from said it was a Kingston.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 10:08 pm:

You have a valuable carb there Stan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 10:48 pm:

Hope so, always broke need money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 04:33 pm:

Richard is correct, it's a Holley. The Kingston had a side facing intake port.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 03:39 am:

Thanks for the info. It sold almost immediately to a guy who knew what it was and had been looking for one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Kiefaber on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 04:28 am:

Have one just like it on my 1907 Model R.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration