Coil rebuiding

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Coil rebuiding
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard H.Miller on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 08:47 pm:

Has anyone used the " Coil Doctor" to rebuild their coils, if so, where you happy with service. As a newbie to model t's I'm curious. Thx,Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 08:54 pm:

Richard, i had Brent rebuild a set for me, he does great work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Spadafore on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 09:20 pm:

Brent rebuilt mine last winter. Itís like night and day comparing how much better the engine runs now. He not only rebuilds the guts and adjusts them, he cleans up the outside of the case and installs all new hardware. You canít beat his price either. Mine were mailed there, repaired and back in my hands in just under two weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 10:46 pm:

Sent mine to be re built and said not good for re build. Paid little more and got a wonderful set of coils. My car runs well and ez to start now. Would use again in a flash. Returned coils looked wonderful, clean and worked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 12:03 am:

Brent's professional work shines through right up to when they are arrive at your door. The packaging is an indication as to the work that goes into the coils! I have a couple of sets and have recommended them to many of my T friends. Go for it. Your T will appreciate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard H.Miller on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 02:43 am:

Thank you all for the input, I really do appreciate it. It always helps to get input from those who are in the know.
Thanks again,Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shane Lach on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 06:16 am:

Brent did a great job on my coils. Fair price, speedy service, but best yet, the T runs great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 07:35 am:

I've never heard anything but praise for Brent Mize or Ron Patterson. You will not go wrong with either of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Bocchi on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 08:57 am:

Brent rebuilt 5 for me last year. Car runs great and his service and communication was beyond reproach.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 10:04 am:

Brent does fantastic work on the coils and is a very huge asset to the Model T world. Just a good man!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 10:05 am:

He will do an excellent job. Super nice guy as well!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 10:33 am:

Brent rebuilt several sets for me over the years and I remain most satisfied. A good guy.
Consider having five coils rebuilt so you have a matched spare to carry with you when touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 10:48 am:

Brent also rebuilt the Hand Crank Coil Tester that is in the Piquette Plant Museum and a very popular toy for the children that visit to make sparks with and test a spark plug with a real coil.

He may have rebuilt that coil, as well.

You will be hard pressed to find anyone that complains about anything he does for them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 07:47 pm:

He does outstanding work on T generators as well.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration