Front Cover Picture Vintage Ford , November/December 2017

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Front Cover Picture Vintage Ford , November/December 2017
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary J Giarratano on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 01:58 am:

Vintage Ford says Rich Eagle's painting features a 27 Touring. It looks like a 26 Touring to me, as I don't see a headlight bar. I don't mean to be critical. It's an awesome painting. So what year is it Rich?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 10:22 am:

I'm far more confused by the cushion spring displacement recommendation and adjustment procedure given on pg 18 in the new Jan/ Feb '18 issue. My understanding is .010"-.012" of cushion spring travel is acceptable, even preferable to the 0.005" Ford cited. This has been discussed here many times, and four of the major coil builders/rebuilders/coil test equipment manufacturers have each told me as much as 0.012" is fine as long as all 4 coils have the same cushion spring travel. The points currently available from the vendors are in my experience very uniform with 0.010" to 0.12" of travel. These points have required very little adjustment to obtain the proper current and spark characteristics on Strobospark and ECCT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 02:01 pm:

Hi Gary. You have an eye for detail. I should have been more careful but called the car a 1927. I can add the headlight bar to the painting if need be or we can tell everyone it is a 1926. Or would that just bring up other issues?
At any rate I'm glad you enjoyed the painting. Rich

Perhaps others will have a better solution.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 02:22 pm:

It's a 1926, painted as it looked in 1927. Yes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Barcelona area (Spain) on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 02:40 pm:

Jerry, I like your style! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 02:44 pm:

It is kind of funny. I looked at dozens of photos trying to get the folded top to look right. Several members sent me pictures. Not having a '26 or '27 I just spaced the bar. I did set up an AMT 1/25th scale model for getting the perspective right. It had no headlight bar and I thought it was called a 1927.
While art is subject to some creative license I do try to portray things as correct as is practical.
Thanks

(Message edited by rich eagle on January 31, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 02:51 pm:

If y'all are referring to the front cover, once again, I thought it was a photograph. Mine is still in the plastic wrapper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 06:10 pm:

Well, I think Richard E should personally go to each and every home with a copy of that magazine and personally make the correction on each and every one!

:-)

Seriously, it truly is another of his incredible artworks, and appreciated just the way it is. And I am sure there are a lot of people getting that magazine that would like very much to meet him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 12:20 am:

Just an 'alert' to youse guys who didn't sign up for one of Rich's calendars, you might consider it! So far, every first-time opportunity of someone out in my shop and viewed it has commented on it. Encourage Rich to keep on going with his creativity!

Take Care; Behave; Stay Warm (and)
"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 07:30 am:

Gary, Ford had a propensity of using Parts on stock before changing over to newer style parts. I have seen a 27 touring according to the frame and engine numbers that matched for a 27 listed car with headlights mounted as a 26. There were no consistent part changes with all of the assembly plants.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 09:07 am:

You guys have me all confused, as I thought that the "headlight bar" was mounted between the front fenders. My copy of the Vintage Ford, November/December 2017 states COVER PHOTO "Rich Eagle's acrylic on canvas feathers a 1927 touring and a 1920s Coupe".
I am the proud owner of a '26 coupe which has a headlight bar. Does this mean that it's a '27?
Thanks for your info and Happy motoring,

Warren

Seabiscuit my 1926 Coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 10:35 am:

The headlight bar was added sometime in 1926. I think you are safe Warren.
Marv, the calendars have all found homes. I'm glad they are being enjoyed.
Wayne, wouldn't it be fun to meet all the forum folks. Sadly, we all live far apart. I don't even get out to visit the local guys as often as we should. Isn't it great to visit with each other on the forum?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 11:13 am:

Geez Rich. 40 years gone and you've never been to our place. I'm thankful for the contact we all have through the forum and the "winternet", and enjoy it much !!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration