Reassembly Order??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Reassembly Order??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan C on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 04:41 am:

Hey all, so I have one of those restores that went off the rails. It was in a good location and all was headed in the right direction and then I moved and it's a mess! On top of that I'll be getting married soon she wants the T in the wedding. I couldn't be happier except it's in 1000 pieces right now. I have been meticulously restoring every part and I need to stop doing that and just get it all back together for the wedding. The only books I have are for the engine and front/rear ends. Is there an overall order of parts to go back together. I can handle the front and rear end as an entire unit as well as the engine and tranny as one unit.
Unless I'm missing something my only real questionable parts are the running boards and fenders. So I'd guess start with the frame, front end, rear end, engine, running boards, body, fenders, top and then small pieces last.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 05:20 am:

Chapter 2, Service Manual is titled "Assembling the Car". If you have this book it will tell all. Good luck, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 07:21 am:

Depending on when the wedding is you might want to see if there is someone near you with a T and borrow it for the wedding. Top two stressors in life - moving, getting married. T work should be enjoyable and a way to step out if everyday life not a stressful pursuit. So bough one but keep working on yours to de-stress and congratulations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 09:55 am:

I second what Dan said. It can be bought from any of the major part suppliers, but hereís one link:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/T1.aspx

Pro Tip: Buy a nice new one for inside, couch reading. Buy a used copy on eBay or swap meet for the garage thatíll get covered in grease and dog-eared.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 09:56 am:

And yes, it really does describe disassembly and reassembly step by step. Sounds like itís exactly what you need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan C on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 12:59 pm:

Awesome, thank you very much

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 01:17 pm:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/T1.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 01:46 pm:

Get an original for indoor reading ... the illustrations are much better than the reproductions. I take pictures of them with my iphone and enlarge them on the computer screen .. or print them out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 03:46 pm:

Just remember that "Tab A" goes into "Slot B" and you'll be ok.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 09:22 pm:

Or for a digital copy... It's a '25 service manual.
http://www.cimorelli.com/mtdl/servicemanual/default.htm
:-)
I'm thankful Mr Cimorelli Hosts these.

(Message edited by duey_c on January 31, 2018)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration