Shiney Ford-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Shiney Ford-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 07:40 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 07:44 am:

Looks like a "pride of ownership" type photo of a new car. Very nice.

Also, either that's a very short man, or a kid with a mustache!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 07:45 am:

Should have bought a lawnmower too...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 08:31 am:

Consummate Odd Couple...very tall, stern looking lady who rules the roost! And a short husband saying "yes ma'am". :-)

Nice looking touring...'20 maybe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 09:04 am:

At the party, when introducing her mate, she say's: I'd like you to meet the little man...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 10:07 am:

One man top, 23?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 10:09 am:

That's his house on the right and hers on the left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lew Morrill on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 10:22 am:

As I am over 6 ft, I barely fit in a model T. Looking at this picture I now see who the drivers seat, pedals, etc. were laid out for!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 10:50 am:

Tim, I concur. Demountables probably means self starter - 1920 or '21. Tom, it's a two-man top, center bows are kinda hidden in the photo. Wrap around at the back is like a one-man though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 10:52 am:

Oops ! Looked again - it doesn't wrap around. Two- man top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 11:01 am:

That's a boy, and not a mustache. Notice the shadow from the bill on his hat. He probably has an under bite and that is the shadow of his upper lip. You can see the gap between his nose and the shadow. Too low for a mustache. It is difficult to realize that in those days the children dressed up, especially when taking a picture. There is a resemblance between the woman and the boy. She is either his mother or his grandmother.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 11:04 am:

I'm with Lew on this one. That's about the size guy that T Models were made for. In spite of how he looks in photographs, I've always thought that Henry Ford must've been about 5' 4". :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 12:37 pm:

That house reminds me of the old farmhouse i was raised in.The roof had been removed from the front porch and there were 3 to 4" lizards on it.At the time they were called Blue Tailed Swifts and when we could hit them a .22 worked well.I think they should fix the roof! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 12:58 pm:

I think he's related to this guy...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 01:23 pm:

Him, Her, License plate, object on porch.
multi photo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 01:47 pm:

If that's a boy, he's got mighty saggy jowls.

I think the porch item is a Dietz style kerosene lamp.

The T seems to have visor style lenses in the headlamps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 03:41 pm:

Boys dressed up for a photo.

photo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 04:54 pm:

If that a woman's head to the right of the girl in the back seat in the last picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 05:12 pm:

Speculating. First photo, given uneven ground, the "man/boy" could be all of five feet tall, but he's probably a little shorter. The lady is placed a little above him, we can see her feet. She is very close to six feet tall judging both from the proportions of the car. I'm leaning toward the male figure being mature, his jaw line suggests maturity, his face isn't typically as round as those of children and adolescents, he appears to have a bit of a paunch, his hand assumes the pose of a seasoned working man, and his clothing isn't typical of what youngsters wore in the period.

Photo #2 illustrates the kind of suit a lad would wear. I see a little girl and her dolly in the car, which has a rusted out runningboard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Borland. Bathurst. NSW. Australia. on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 05:21 pm:

It's frightening what being under the thumb can do to your height! He used to be as tall as his wife.

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 06:19 pm:

He's standing in a gopher hole!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 06:28 pm:

The first photo, is such a nice shiny car! But look at the right side headlamp. Lens and rim are missing.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration