Best way to move a TT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Best way to move a TT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren Valley, Nebraska on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 07:11 pm:

I have to pick up and move a TT for a friend of mine. Wondering what is the best way to move the truck with the worm gear rear end. I have a winch on the trailer but don't know about coming up the ramps. The truck does not run (yet)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 07:18 pm:

Tom,

You could try pulling on it with a tow rope first to see if it will roll freely.

If it is in neutral and there is no water in the rear diff then it should not be a problem.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 07:47 pm:

Don't worry about the worm drive. It will roll just fine. It does it every time you let off the gas. People are used to thinking about industrial worm gearboxes that can easily be 100:1. A TT rear end is only 7.25:1.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration