Unidentified parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Unidentified parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward Wheeler on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 10:37 pm:

I have a 1920 touring and many of the parts came in a box so I am having trouble identifying them. I have two parts that appear to be braces of some type. They are about 12-15" by 2" appx. If anyone knows what they are for and where they go I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 12:37 am:

This is where they go

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 02:42 pm:

I think the cowl pieces are riveted on the cowl. At least mine were. I have a 21 Touring and they were riveted on either side of the cowl. I did wonder if they were installed on the wood first or whether they were left in the cowl and put on together.
I put the cowl on as a unit and it worked ok. It probably would go on either way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward Wheeler on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 08:40 pm:

can you send me a more expanded view of your car as I cant quite make out where you are.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 01:27 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward Wheeler on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 01:51 pm:

thank you that helps a lot. My rewood kit had a
board that went there so I would have never thought of that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Edward Wheeler on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 01:52 pm:

From the picture I assume the bigger one goes across the driver side and the smaller one is on the passenger side?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration