Floating hub design

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Floating hub design
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Thompson Graham NC on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 09:07 am:

i am building a set of floating hubs for my car.
all of the designs i see have no means of holding
the bearing on the center stub. i am thinking about
boring the hole in the flange deeper allowing the
stub to have a retainer. am i missing anything the length stays the same and it is still flush to the brake drum. philip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 09:26 am:

I had the same concern when I made mine. I threaded the end of the center stub and used a GUK or SKF style fastener. They make a nylon insert style that eliminates the need to machine the small slot in the center stub. Enjoy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration