Fun Projects Sold to Birdhaven - Fate of FP Website?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Fun Projects Sold to Birdhaven - Fate of FP Website?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 06:04 pm:

I was informed in another thread that Fun Projects has been sold to Birdhaven.

The Fun Projects website is still up, and it has features beyond just ordering parts (like good links and the document library).

John, is it your or Birdhaven's intent to leave the Fun Projects site up, or should we be making copies of the documents in the library in anticipation of the site's ultimate demise?

http://www.funprojects.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 06:58 pm:

Boy am I glad I got my voltage regulator when I did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 01:10 am:

Hey don't panic. It will be business as usual but just based in Iowa. Bill and Shawna have more space and help and I am getting old and forgetful but for months now and even today Bill has been coming here and we have been building every item the same ways as usual. They are dedicated to building everything to the same grade as was always done and they have ALL of the fixtures and tooling to keep the ball rolling and rolling and rolling. The website is still up and will remain so as far as I know. My son Todd has been fine tuning it with necessary address and shipping location changes to the UPS interface but he is good at that and it is pretty much all up and running. There may be a slight delay on a few items that are in "transition" being still put together here and not yet shipped to Iowa but that should all be done before the snow all melts and nothing on the web site is going to be pulled done. Free library data and such will remain. I will eventually have nothing to do with manufacturing and sales other than to help if they need it when figuring out something. To be honest I have not personally built a Voltage Regulator myself for more than 18 years since my Father-in-law was building them in Tuscola IL for more than that many years. He has retired from them but we have not lost any ability to make anything and Ford has approved the transfer of the Ford License with the ownership transfer. I am going to spend my time touring and building prototypes of new products that once perfected will then likely be made and sold by Fun Projects, Inc just like the other items. All of Fun Projects subcontractors are being retained so the latest new things like Driveshafts and such will continue to flow to dealers as well as end users just as before except eventually the flow should be bigger and better since there is more space and people involved in Fun Projects now so larger batches of things will be the norm. That is something I never had enough of - space.

I am still here and you may see me more on tours and such since that is my plan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 05:32 am:

Congrats John, enjoy you're time having fun in the hobby!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 06:34 am:

That's great John. And Birdhaven is a good place to land...

See you down the road....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 06:34 am:

Thanks John, enjoy the spare time in the hobby.

Just a stupid question.
As I try to find Bird haven , I always come on the old Texas T parts wed page. is this right or am I missing something??

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 07:53 am:

I have a rear axle spool core to return, I bought from F/P 2 years ago. Rear axle was done just before we went south. What do I do, we will not be home until late march.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 09:13 am:

Andre -- Birdhaven bought Texas T Parts, as well as Fun Projects. The Texas T website is Birdhaven's now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 09:35 am:

So far there's not a separate Birdhaven website, though the Devines are well aware that there should be. Setting one up is a big job, and if you don't have a family member to do it or the expertise to do it yourself, pretty expensive. I expect we'll see one eventually, with all three websites linked to each other.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 11:10 am:

Andre and George:

Just go to www.funprojects.com and send an email to them. Any previous pinion bearing housing deposits are documented and you will get your refund via Fun Projects Inc. when you present a good core back to them. You can do it now or in March - no difference.

Fun Projects web site is up and running. There have been some difficulties with the UPS interface from the web site since UPS is terrible about not informing anyone when they change their rate table interface protocall. My son Todd is working on it and I am sure he will once again figure out what they did "this time". This has no effect whatsoever on a shipment if you select "economy" shipping since we will then pick the best way to ship and use the "usual" UPS interface to ship to you if that turns out to be the best choice. Usually the post office is the best choice. It only means that when you place your order you cannot select UPS at that time and be charged for it at that time. 99% of the orders placed at Fun Projects choose economy. If you have special instructions on shipping you can request that on your order when you place it on the web site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanne on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 11:12 am:

This could be a really good thing! One of the things I always worry about was all these cool resources vanishing... if it insures the continuation of these cool resources, and makes them stronger, it can't be anything than good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 12:45 pm:

Thank you Susanne. This is the intent.

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 01:28 pm:

Bill had helped me figure out my old Tex T alternator and told me how to fix and cure a charging difficulty. By installing some diodes into the one of the wires. Works like a charm. And John's replacement coil box kit has served me well over the years. His replacement coil box contacts hold their tension well also. I think Bill and company will do well to carry on the quality very well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 02:28 pm:

John, congratulations on your retirement. I hope you and Renee have many golden years ahead of you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 03:20 pm:

John,......so,......about the famous "top hat". I'm guessing that the top hat was not passed on with the business and will stay with it's "original owner", right? (:^)

Seriously,....I'm happy for you, and certainly wish you well in your retirement, but I'm also guessing that circumstances will arise that will make it difficult to "let go". But at least someone else will now have the headaches and you can just choose to remain as "involved" as you DO, or DON'T want to, right?

There is an island in the San Juan Islands in NW Washington (Lopez Island) that has been part of my life since I was a kid. My parents (R.I.P.) are now gone, and their waterfront home on the island now belongs to the family. There was a mechanic on Lopez Island that was so well thought of that when he retired (or TRIED to retire) he actually had to move off of the island, because people absolutely wouldn't leave him alone. Some of those folks absolutely would not let anyone else even touch their car for maintenance or repairs. I'm thinking that with your experience and reputation John, I'm sure you'll have some similar problems from time to time. (.....you might have to change your name, address, phone number, and maybe even resort to wearing a different color top hat John)......(:^)......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 03:23 pm:

John,......so,......about the famous "top hat". I'm guessing that the top hat was not passed on with the business and will stay with it's "original owner", right? (:^)

Seriously,....I'm happy for you, and certainly wish you well in your retirement, but I'm also guessing that circumstances will arise that will make it difficult to "let go". But at least someone else will now have the headaches and you can just choose to remain as "involved" as you DO, or DON'T want to, right?

There is an island in the San Juan Islands in NW Washington (Lopez Island) that has been part of my life since I was a kid. My parents (R.I.P.) are now gone, and their waterfront home on the island now belongs to the family. There was a mechanic on Lopez Island that was so well thought of that when he retired (or TRIED to retire) he actually had to move off of the island, because people absolutely wouldn't leave him alone. Some of those folks absolutely would not let anyone else even touch their car for maintenance or repairs. I'm thinking that with your experience and reputation John, I'm sure you'll have some similar problems from time to time. (.....you might have to change your name, address, phone number, and maybe even resort to wearing a different color top hat John)......(:^)......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 03:24 pm:

Well dang!!! ".....double post! Got "distracted" and did it again! Sorry,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 05:01 pm:

I still have the hat :-) I should have taken up making top hats since I get as many offers for the hat as I do other things I made.

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 05:09 pm:

We wouldn't want you to become the "Mad Hatter" because of the chemicals needed in making those hats!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 05:42 pm:

John,

I'm glad you found a "win-win" for you as well as ensuring your great parts designs will continue to be available to the hobby.

As you consider future prototypes we could sure use an Air Conditioner for the T's. It could extend the touring season down south - at least in those locations with mostly flat areas. And yes, an enclosed coupe would be easier to cool than an open touring car. Ok -- a very limited market... but I would like one :-).

Best of luck in your retirement.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 05:54 pm:

Hap:

All cars come with air conditioning. You just may not happen to like condition the air is in at the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 05:56 pm:

Hap, there was a guy from California on the 2006 Clear Lake tour who had one in his closed car. He did A/C for a living. Maybe someone here knows who he is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 07:21 pm:

John - Thanks for your many contributions to the hobby over the years. And for making sure things continue on in the future.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 10:01 pm:

Doesn't Hal S. have A/C in his T?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration