27 Touring Height

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 27 Touring Height
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Harris on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 03:39 pm:

I am going to be picking up my newly purchased 27 Touring. My trailer opening is low (72 1/2 inch height at door). Can anyone tell me the height to top of windshield with top down?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Falconer, Saskatchewan, Canada on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 05:55 pm:

Hi John,

Just went out to my shop to measure my '26 touring, loosened the top wing nuts and set a straight 2x4 between the windshield posts and the top past the running board and got a measurement of 66 and one half inches from the floor beside the running board to the bottom of the 2x4.

Hope this helps.

Alex

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Harris on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 05:31 pm:

Alex, Thank you so much. Hope your shop is heated so you didnít freeze your fingers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Falconer, Saskatchewan, Canada on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 12:19 pm:

You're welcome John, thought some others may have chimed in with their measurements too.

Yes my shop is heated, keep it at 40 - 45 F this time of year unless I'm in there more then I turn it up a bit.

It may seem cool but it's currently -6 F outside right now so the shop seems much warmer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 07:37 pm:

John, why take the chance, lower the top then there is no issue. I think the top is higher near the rear than at the front.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration