Runabout top installation question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Runabout top installation question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 09:42 pm:

Does a low radiator '23 runabout use the same top kit as a '24? And how many windows on the back of a '23 top?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 02:59 am:

2 windows on the back and I don't think there is a difference in the top between 23 and 24. But consult the top manufacturer to make sure. Now if there is and your car was built in August of 23, then it's really a 24...that's something you have to keep in mind...but I don't think anything changed really between late in 22 (really a 23) thru 25.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 03:46 am:

1925s had a single rear window.

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/S-T.htm#top

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 06:39 am:

Mark- 23 and 24 is the same top. Two rear windows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 08:35 am:

My runabout left the factory July 7, 1923 and came with a steel firewall and low radiator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 10:29 am:

I would buy a kit from Classtique.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 05:14 pm:

Ford didnít buy their tops from Classtique. I want to be authentic. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 05:17 pm:

Wow, according to the MTFCA Encyclopedia, yours must be one of the last low radiator cars built!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 05:28 pm:

Right ... didnít the new high radiator version come out in August? Mine also came to me with demountable 30 x 3 1/2 rims all around, oil side and tail light, but starter motor, generator and battery. I assume that it was originally purchased as a non-starter car and someone upgraded it later. So, the oil lights were left on the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 05:38 pm:

Maybe, or it started out as a starter and demountable wheel car and somebody added the oil lamps because they liked the look. Lots of things can happen in 95 years!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 10:36 am:

I made my own top for my '25, and it is just like a Classtique kit. What you have to pay attention to is the rear window(s). So many T's don't have the correct size or style of rear window(s).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 03:09 pm:

What ... you made your top Larry and don't think I should make mine? Why is that? Where did you get your rear window frames in order to keep it up to you strict standards. I was planning to make my own nitrocellulose clear windows.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration