Jay Leno drives the 1913 Bugatti Type 22

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Jay Leno drives the 1913 Bugatti Type 22
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hammatt on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 08:17 am:

There was a lot of interest when I last posted a link to this Bugatti simply driving the back roads of Northern Arizona. This time Jay drives and talks with owner Alan Travis for a full feature, 30+ minute video about this exciting car. Go HERE and click on "VIDEO" at the top of the page. I hope you'll enjoy this expanded look at this exciting car.
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 07:58 pm:

I think we need a race between the Bugatti and Rob's K!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hammatt on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 10:38 pm:

I was just "talking" to Alan and there's been nearly 145,000 views in 5 days. It has been the highest rated response to Jays Garage ever. That's pretty exciting in our small corner of the internet.
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 07:22 am:

Thanks for posting Steve. Great video.

Gil, we wouldn't want a big Ford six to embarrass a little foreign import......

It was a good video, and Alan does a great job demonstrating the Bugatti. And Jay Leno appears to know a thing or two about interviewing a "guest."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 08:32 am:

If the race were on a hilly, winding road, the outcome might not be quite so preordained.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 01:46 pm:

Good video, thank you Steve. Dave in Bellingham,WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza north Adams ma on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 01:55 pm:

It would be great if Rob and his model k would be featured on Leno’s videos. He could do well to educate people on the early years of Ford and dispel many inaccuracies about the model k. It would also be nice to see a great early American car featured in high quality video and sound. Perhaps the people here can write to Leno in consideration of Rob and his model k. Almost the least one could do for all the good he has done for the history and time he has spent on this hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hammatt on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 01:09 am:

David
I had my "15 minutes of fame" with Jay about 6 years ago (it was really around 7 minutes of edited video) and when asked, I always tell my questioner that Jay is just like you see in the videos as he is in person. Enthusiastic, knowledgeable and a good interviewer. That said, and knowing Alan for quite a few years, I'm pleased to see how well they play off each other in the video. I personally wouldn't be surprised to see Alan doing a repeat number at Jay's Garage. Alan certainly has enough cars to start appearing occasionally in his videos and possibly elsewhere within the Leno franchise.
That being said, it would be great if the Ford Model K could be demonstrated on the show.
What really made this video special, in my opinion, wasn't the Bugatti, it was the "magic connection" that these two enthusiasts have and subsequently allowed us all to participate in a voyeur mode.
Jay with Alan and the Type 22

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration