Good project for someone

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Good project for someone
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 08:54 am:

I have no stake in this.

https://augusta.craigslist.org/ctd/d/1911-ford-model/6480257598.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 09:07 am:

Wow......if that car is even halfway correct (and I'm no judge) it's a steal at that price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 09:15 am:

I would be after it except the "title missing" means it is worthless in North Carolina. Too expensive and rare to use as yard art.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 09:19 am:

Hal Davis needs a project! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 09:19 am:

It appears to have a wooden body and an early (09/10) hood former.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 09:22 am:

Later T front and rear axles.

Also, later running board supports and battery support bracket that shouldn't be there.

Looks like some early or home-made early looking parts bolted onto a later chassis to me. :-)

(Message edited by cudaman on February 03, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 09:24 am:

Looks like it has the later rear end under it and not sure about the frame. If it has the original engine in it it would worth close to the 5000.00 just for the engine alone to the right person. If I were interested that's the first thing I would check for.
Would ask if there is a title. The add says no vin. That's a big question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 10:28 am:

Engine appears to be a 1913 - 1918. Vin number boss above water inlet, welsh plug instead of pipe plug and the style of "oil rail boss" on first bolt behind the timing cover. Probably 1917/8 just looking at the length of the Vin number location above the water inlet.

Fun looking at what is out there and thanks for posting. What about the body that Bill brings up?

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 11:21 am:

I like the yellow T in the last pic better. Looks like accessory aftermarket body, grill, wheels ??? and who knows what lurks under that hood ... Hard to tell from the pics but it could be a real deal ... ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 11:29 am:

Yean, Donnie, and it has your Disteel wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 08:36 pm:

The only thing that might actually be from 1911 is the body. Nothing else from that early. A badly made-up car.
A body worth about $2000 as-is (maybe a bit more?), and a couple thousand dollars worth of other parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 08:51 pm:

The hood might be 1911.
Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration