Fordson magneto

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Fordson magneto
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim B Boyer on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 03:56 pm:

Hi all, Has anyone ever tried to recharge the magnets on a fordson tractor with out taking it apart? If so what would the procedure be? Thanks, jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 05:11 pm:

Should be same as car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 07:06 pm:

I'm thinking you will have to split the tractor.
There is no hogs-head type of cover to remove to gain access to the individual magnets.

If you just have a weak magneto, Put a "cheater" 6v lantern battery in the tool box and wire it to a SPDT switch so you can start it on the battery then switch over to the magneto, just like on a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 07:51 pm:

Follow the directions for in car recharge. You are working with the same cast iron in the housing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim B Boyer on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 04:10 pm:

Mark, Thanks for your input on my fordson magneto. I have been using a battery to start then switch to mag to run.
I am guessing I would use a compas just like I would on a model T to locate magnet position as you suggested.
Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration