Old Photo - Ford on a bridge

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Ford on a bridge
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 06:26 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 07:19 pm:

Don't do it Gene, you have so much to live for. Think about your wife...err...Gene, don't think about your wife.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 07:21 pm:

Single rebound strap on the front axle?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 02:35 am:

No top and looks like there's no hardware to fit one. Herb, do you have the original of this photo? Any chance of higher res close-up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 07:46 am:

Anyone else remember when the bridge roadway was covered with thick wood planks? Often those bridges had a sound when you crossed.NO top on the Ford? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 07:58 am:

Looks like an early 1912 wide track with dipped foredoors and two piece firewall. The top iron support attached to the rear of the body seems to be there but not the cradle and belt?

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 07:58 am:

Yep Bud, we still have some of those bridges around here. In fact, there is one just four blocks from us. Every year the County advertises for bids for those bridge planks. Been that way around here for as long as I can remember. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 09:26 am:

Those planks were replaced every so often and the drive through between the hay loft and straw mow was paved with old bridge planks.It was my job to either fork down some hay or pitch down bales of both hay and straw.Once while sliding out of the hay mow i slipped and hit one of those bridge planks very hard!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 02:06 pm:

Wow.
You guys have better eyes that I have. I saw the image, bud did not recognize it as a fore-door car!

The railing was used as the tripod.

Any chance of a clearer picture, Herb? Thanks for posting.

: ^ )

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration