26 coupe rear window sealer Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 26 coupe rear window sealer Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 08:29 pm:

Can this be used to install rear and side windows on a 26 coupe ?
Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 09:21 pm:

I was just looking at my side windows and rear window today, no glass installed and i still cannot answer your question. I would start with the official Model T instructions and compare them to the product details, knowing that you have to deal with steel and wood. The thickness of the ribbon would be my biggest question.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 10:05 pm:

I would not recommend using anything but the T-19003-Q (13' roll for Quarter Windows) and T-19003-R (7' roll for Rear window) rubber U seal that was designed for this purpose. The tight fitting gasket cradles all 3 sides of the glass (inside and outside surfaces and the edge all the way around) and protects against the Model T vibration which can be so bad, anything but the rubber U seal might vibrate out or wear through because the U gasket is just the right thickness to hold the glass tight when the interior garnishment is installed and screwed tight. Jim Patrick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration