27 Coupe Bumpers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 27 Coupe Bumpers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 11:01 am:

I have attached an old photo and was wondering if the front bumper on this coupe was an original Ford bumper or possibly put on by the dealer when bought new? I am the second owner of this car and am in the restoration process. The bumpers were removed at some point and would like to get originals like the ones pictured.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 11:13 am:

Ford bumpers, no. Put on by dealer, maybe but probably not. They are aftermarket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 02:17 pm:

Is it a 27 it doesn't have a headlight bar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 02:35 pm:

license plate indicates 1926. Probably early 26 without bar.

(Message edited by AzBob on February 04, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 07:28 am:

Hello Guys:
Thanks for pointing that out, never noticed that.
My serial # 14464835 says built in Oct. 26 and my car has a headlight bar. Maybe not the same car.
I have almost all the original registrations which start in 1927. That is my great uncle on one running board, my grandfather on the other running board and my great aunt inside the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 10:30 am:

Steven, our Coupes have the same birthday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 06:10 pm:

One can see sunlight coming through the wooden spokes on the driver's side wheel. Further proof for it being a '26 Model T, besides the lack of a headlight crossbar. It's my understanding that virtually all 1927 closed bodied-Model T's came from the factory with wire wheels. Or has this also been disproved?
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 06:38 pm:

Marshall

The 1927 Ford brochure "Greater Values than ever Before" notes the standard equipment of balloon tires on the Coupe, and Tudor, and only the Fordor is noted as standard with 5 wire wheels and balloon tires, :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration