Do I have the right top sockets?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Do I have the right top sockets?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 04:00 pm:

I believe these are the correct top sockets for the one-man top (1923).

Am I right? I want to be sure I have the right ones before I go to work on them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 04:21 pm:

Looks right, except for the incidental damage.

https://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_model_t/model-t-ford-top-iron-set-touring-for -one-man-style-top-uses-straight-wood-bows.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 04:37 pm:

Boy you're gonna have some time in those...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 04:54 pm:

Good deal. As long as I have the right ones, fixing them will be no big deal. There are just two mangled sockets, and I have replacements for those. I'll sure have a lot less in these than the $1286.95 (plus shipping) that the new ones cost. I notice Mac's website says "Uses straight wood bows". Actually the bows are slightly curved so the rain will run off. That's why they're called bows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 08:28 pm:

Steve, please post pics, or videos, as you redo your bows. There has been info on here before but I would like to see how you do it. thanks.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration