OT-rod bolt source

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT-rod bolt source
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 09:46 pm:

I am trying to track down rod bolts for my 1930 Plymouth rebuild. The ones I have are stretched beyond the point where I would be comfortable using them again. Unfortunately, the Plymouth forum seems not to be a very good source of information so I was hoping someone here might be able to steer me in the right direction. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, February 04, 2018 - 09:59 pm:

Maybe try measuring the bolts you have, then contact ARP and see if they have a modern equivalent?

If they do, be sure to use their recommendation for torque rather than Plymouth's (if Plymouth had a torque spec back then).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 08:36 am:

Good idea Mark. I never thought of that. I will measure up and contact them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 08:48 am:

ARP? Americas Retired Persons! Heck they won't remember there old!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 09:23 am:

http://arp-bolts.com/

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 10:35 am:

Val, Do you have a Model U or a Model 30-U?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 04:29 pm:

George I have a very early 30-U.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 05:50 pm:

Val, I have a 1930 Model U Business Coupe. Thin radiator shell, no water pump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 10:41 pm:

Val

Call Gene French, he has experience with early Dodge and Plymouth cars.

You can find his post on the forum.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration