Page From 1930 Schrader Valve Stem Catalog

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Page From 1930 Schrader Valve Stem Catalog
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 04:31 pm:

I emailed the Schrader company, telling them about our interest in original stems for Model Ts and they emailed back within a couple of hours with a scan of a page out of a 1930 catalog showing their 777, 888, and a couple of other stems.

I thanked them, then decided to push my luck and ask about the possibility of scanning the entire catalog, we'll see what they say. :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 04:39 pm:

Nice work Mark- ask and ye shall receive...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 04:55 pm:

Per Schrader's recommendation, I also sent an email to the Tire and Rim Association asking them for information. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 04:56 pm:

Schrader emailed back and said that the 1930 catalog is over 130 pages long and too much to scan in its entirety - bummer! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 05:15 pm:

Good job, Mark. This page is a good resource. Thanks for doing it.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 08:13 pm:

Mark,

You could request one page at a time. Sooner or later they are going to do the whole thing or tell you to jump in a lake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 08:37 am:

They did send me a picture of the cover, then told me nicely to jump in a lake. :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 09:13 am:

There are 1953 and 1960 Schrader catalogs on Ebay right now...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 09:17 am:

I bought one labeled as 1950's, we'll see how far back it goes. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 09:51 am:

The Schrader rep suggested I contact the Tire and Rim Association for further information, so I did and they sent me these five pages out of one of their period guide booklets:

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4

pic5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 10:08 am:

I have all that information here, and have submitted the information along with how to properly install an original valve stem in a modern tube with a rubber stem. Neither editors were interested, so the article just sits!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 10:13 am:

Susan, I sure hope somebody associated with the Vintage Ford will dig out the material that Larry submitted and include it in a future issue! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 10:30 am:

Note that the table shows that a Dill VS-6 is equivalent to a Schrader 777 stem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 10:51 pm:

Thank you this Mark! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 01:07 am:

Mark, did you ask them about the possibility of making new 777 (or other) era correct stems and hardware? Looks like there would be a need for them. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Long Western Australia on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 02:54 am:

Is the 888 TR16 the correct one for the 30 x 3 1/2 Tyres and wheels for a 1910 T?
Thanks. Alan

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration