Are the vacuum wiper motors in model T Trico?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Are the vacuum wiper motors in model T Trico?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 05:19 pm:

Are the vacuum wiper motors in model T Trico brand? The reason I ask is on my 40 chevy truck no one seems to want to touch them. Its the one the Wiper Man will not touch. (Mr.Fricken) I was able to get them working but I had to make that fiber washer that is in there. From what Iv been reading that is the part that seems to fail most. I was thinking if the model T takes the same washer I could save you guys some money and time as the washer I made works very well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 11:50 am:

They are Trico.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 12:23 pm:

Depending on the model number of the wiper motor, some kits can be found. Try googling the wiper model number and see what you can find. Most just need lubed, brake fluid is what Trico recommended. The kits I looked at, seem to maybe have the washer you are talking about. If the pitting in the bowl is not too bad, some time spent sanding the inside with 600 up paper works. you could also use something like JB Weld to fill the pits, then sand smooth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 12:55 pm:

Mark, Mr Fricken told me brake fluid is highly not recommended. I found that a good wheel bearing grease is the best way to go for the lubricant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 08:20 pm:

Brake fluid is what is suggest right on the instruction sheet for Trico wiper motors.
It would take me sometime to refind a copy on line of it. There is a note in below about spilling on paint but this also suggest brake fluid.

https://www.mafca.com/downloads/Technical/Lubricating%20the%20Trico%20Vacuum%20W iper.pdf

"the other hand, brake fluid is excellent. It lasts longer than
mystery old due to its higher viscosity, and is especially effective on an old motor which has been idle for
years.
[Editor Note: Using brake fluid as a lubricant is not recommended by Chuck
Christensen, 2012
MAFCA Technical Director, as spilled brake flu
id can damage the car's paint, either during the
lubrication or afterward during wiper use. Instead, use a light machine
oil.] "

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanne on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 11:13 am:

Question...

What vacuum motors on a Model T wiper?

Model T wipers were hand operated. Unless they were aftermarket. To be able to drive in the rain and not have one hand keeping the windshield clear - priceless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 11:37 am:

The one sold in 1926/27 by Ford dealers as an upgrade was a Trico vacuum wiper.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/82668.html

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration