We're legal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: We're legal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 09:26 pm:

The title came from the DMV for our '21 Touring on Saturday. The inspector came out and looked at the car on January 2. Not too long of a wait.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 06:02 am:

They actually came out?? When I tried to register my car here in WI (that DMV kept insisting was a "hot rod") they wouldn't send any inspectors out or even bother to ask local law enforcement to stop on by if they were in the area. I could have gotten better service talking to a stump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 08:46 am:

Tom, I want to know your secret. I took my '25 Runabout to the DMV office on December 15th in Concord NC. The inspection went well, and the officer filed his report. I was told I would have my title in about four weeks time. On January 23rd I went back to the DMV office to find out what was going on with the title. The nice gal in the office told me the report has been filed, but the DMV in Raleigh has not done anything with it. So here I sit almost eight weeks later, no title. If I still dont have it by the 15th of February, I guess I will go back down there to the DMV.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 09:51 am:

Itís all in the name

Who doesnít like Coffey on a cold winter day ?

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 10:29 am:

You might be on to something Jim. I will have to change my name to Doughnut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 10:57 am:

The young lady inspector that came out is the daughter-in-law of a couple that my wife and I have been friends with for 35+ years. I doubt that had anything to do with the quality of service, though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 11:12 am:

Darryl,

I think ď Coffey & Doughnut ď would be a great pairing

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 01:47 pm:

What ever it takes to get my title,,,,,and it wasn't in the mail today either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 02:25 pm:

Procedures vary by state. Around here you have to take the car to the county seat at a certain time on a certain day and pay the officer $10 (cash only) to look at the serial number. Even with that, Kansas is a breeze compared to some other states.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 02:39 pm:

Indeed. I brought my car into Missouri from Illinois and had to have the VIN and odometer checked. Because I had removed the carb after I got the car home, I called my local police department and they sent an officer to the house. He wasn't sure why he was there, so I pointed to the engine number and showed him the title. He signed a paper that the numbers matched, wrote "N/A" in the odometer box and I was good to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant J Barlow on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 06:04 pm:

I'm in Illinois. I just took the title to my local Secretary of State office and 2 checks and I will receive my title and plates in the mail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 07:18 pm:

North Carolina was easy ten years ago before they changed all the laws. It can be a pain now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 08:45 pm:

That's right Darryl. Now I would rather go to the doctor for a prostate exam than go to the DMV. Maybe not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Nunn on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 08:48 pm:

I bought my car with a bill of sale and I need to get a title in Nebraska. I did my homework before buying to ensure that I had all my bases covered. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 10:20 pm:

Good luck Mark! :-)
I've been waiting 17 years for the state of MN to let me know WHERE my Crappy is to be "inspected".
Thank goodness I received titles with the relics I dragged home a year and a half ago! :-)
That's good to hear Tommy and that was fast!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 11:58 am:

The problem starts when you deal with somebody at the DMV who thinks that any old car is a ModelT. It will amaze you what some of those folks don't know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 11:39 am:

I'm legal ! after 68 days, two return trips to the license and theft bureau, two trips to the tag office, and six calls to the DMV in Raleigh, I finally got someone on the phone that not only got my title on the way to me, but helped me renew my registration that would run out on February 28th.The bright side is I now have a contact in Raleigh that told me to call them if I ever had trouble registering an antique car in the future.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 11:55 am:

Yep, difficulty or ease in dealing with the process often depends on finding the right or wrong person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 12:02 pm:

In Oregon, if you have an Oregon title all you have to do is have the paper work and go to the DMV, done deal. If it's out of state you have to take the car to the DMV for VIN inspection. If everything is in order, you are good to go but if there is an issue you have to take it to State Police for inspection. In Oregon they don't come to you, you go to them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Spadafore on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 05:12 pm:

West Virginia was really easy to deal with once I got a clerk that understood what I was trying to do. I did my title transfer, registration and year of manufacture plates at the same time. All I needed was proof of insurance, the title being transferred, bill of sale and the appropriate forms. The only thing that slowed the transfer was the title I had was old enough that it wasn't in any electronic database, so they had to do a manual search in Pennsylvania. Start to finish was about 4 weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Curtis Fesler on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 07:21 pm:

In Arkansas we do not have inspections.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration