Any WW2 Vets into model T'ing?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Any WW2 Vets into model T'ing?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 10:22 pm:

The post of someone looking for WW2 bomber photo got me wondering if we have any WW2 veterans. still interested in model t fords. They would be hovering around the one hundred year old mark. This great country owes a tremendous debt to these men for the sacrifices they made. Even though I am only 79 years old I can well remember the war and its effect on family life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 10:39 pm:

All of the WW-II vet Model T'ers around here have passed on. Two of them were my mentors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, February 05, 2018 - 10:53 pm:

We have three in our Dallas club. Hugo, the oldest just turned 103. Harry and Bob are both 96. Hugo, was not actually a vet, he was in the Lockheed Skunk Works during WWII.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 09:45 am:

My father in law is a D-day survivor / vet. He was born the year my T was assembled. He's still walks to the store and back and will probably out live me. I think it's his cajun blood. I know this is not really T related but he is the toughest man I've ever met and I wanted to tip my hat to him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 09:53 am:

My Dad was a WWII Air Corps vet, flew P-47s. Got his first T in the mid-thirties. I have his last one, a '26 Touring. Passed several years ago at 89.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 10:03 am:

We have a friend in the local HCC club who was in the Navy in WWII. He has one or two T's, plus a bunch of other cars. The last time I talked to him, he said he was going to be 92.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 11:40 am:

Just did the calculation. Someone who was 19 in 1945 could have enlisted when he was 18 and been in the service during the war. He would turn 92 this year. Certainly still a reasonable age.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 12:20 pm:

WW2 veterans are all but gone. My uncle, however, is still battling on. He has still got shrapnel in his arm from the Germans that he fought at Cassino. Never had a Model T though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Dizer on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 07:20 pm:

My dad finished his last T at age 90, a 26 depot hack. Dark green fenders, red oak natural finish body from Pleasantville NY. He passed away last March, at age 95. He was skipper of the LCT 685.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 08:13 pm:

I was in High School when the Navy guy kissed the Nurse. That about the time I got my Runabout (that I still have).

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration