1925-7 Trivia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1925-7 Trivia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 09:59 am:

I recently acquired a NOS Trico open car mirror assembly. It still has the raven finished screws to attach it to the windshield. They are 8-32 X 1 1/2", and have square nuts. The mirror is 4 1/2 X 2 1/2, and has a slight bevel. The original black paint is still perfect. When I first saw this mirror many years ago it was still in the original blue Ford box, but that disappeared, which is too bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 10:22 am:

Good to know about the square nut fasteners. Assume the machine screws are round head slotted?

The Sales Adv for the mirror, wiper, and dash lamp, June 1924, for the closed cars.

Service Bulletin, Sept 1924, for the intro of the open car mirror.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 02:30 pm:

Dan: That is certainly good information. Even though your booklet is dated June 1924, I'm willing to bet it was intended for the 1925 model year. Most original 1925 open cars I've seen have the two holes for the rear view mirror and the wiper already drilled, whether the owner desired those products on their cars or not! The head for the two screws is indeed slotted, and on this particular item, they messed up on one slot, and it is so far to one side, a screwdriver would be useless! Also, under the head of the two screws, there is a shoulder going down about 1/4".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 10:17 pm:

This is a NOS Ford mirror for the closed cars, with it's original package. The rubber blade has hardened from age.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 10:51 pm:

Hi Jim, that is what the original Ford box looked like when I saw it last. I'm glad to have it, but disappointed the box disappeared. I have that exact Ford box with a windshield wiper in it too.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration