Puyallup swap meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Puyallup swap meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 01:40 pm:

Is the swap meet on Feb 17/18 worth an 8 hour round trip? Thinking of going up for it. Will anyone else be there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 03:54 pm:

Dennis - Yes,.... ABSOLUTELY! Perhaps some "prejudice" on my part, because one of the local chapters of the Model T Club of which I am a member, has been for many years, been responsible for "The Early Bird Swap Meet", and there are always many out-of-state forum members that attend. In fact, for several years of late, there has been an attempt by several forum members to find a way to identify each other among the hundreds and hundreds of folks that attend this two-day swap meet. (I believe there is a "FORUM HAT" presently available!) For example, one of those that I usually run into is "Unca' Stan", the carburetor man from Helena, Montana. He sees fit to make a 600 mile, wintertime drive over two mountain ranges to attend! For someone like you Dennis that will (I hope) be a "first-time-attendee", I can assure you that it will be a very worthwhile drive for you. This swap meet is about 50/50% indoors & outdoors, and is held in and around several large buildings within the WA. State Fairgrounds Complex, and is always a huge success for vendors and "attendees" no matter what the mild Pacific Northwest weather is like, because altho' rain is a possibility, it is easy to alternate indoor and outdoor shopping as the rain is often just a combination of local "off & on" showers. Come on up Dennis, and we'll be looking for you. I always wear my old "FORUM" hat, which is one of those that the late Bob McDonald (.....remember him?....Mr. Model T Snowmobile historian) had made several years ago! I can almost guarantee that any "T" guy that once attends this swap meet will have started an "every year tradition" and will attend every year thereafter! FWIW,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 04:17 pm:

Won't be there this year. Basketball tournament for my girls and my Tacoma brother is gone to Arizona this year. Less n less t stuff every year, more garage sale junk but still some good stuff. I'm into carburetors, Ts and Willys pickups pre 63. Worth the trip since I have family there, probably not to me otherwise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 07:10 pm:

Harold. Thanks for the info. Is there camping on site at the fair grounds or near by?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration