OT: Large Budd wire wheel hub

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT: Large Budd wire wheel hub
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 09:25 pm:

I have a very large Budd wire wheel center that I think should be with others of it's kind. I suspect it was from a much larger car perhaps a Stutz or something similar. It's in very good cleaned and primed condition. I can send pictures to help determine what it belongs to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 12:46 am:

Budd made what they called "old" and "new" style and each in 2 sizes, simply large and small. Most that we see especially those 30 x 3 1/2 tire size sets are new small.
This is an old style large, it takes a wrench that has 2 pins:

a

b

This is new small, wrench looks like big pickle fork:

c

d

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 01:06 am:

Layden, Are those hubs fitted to Overland spindles? I am considering buying a set at the moment but I think they are Overland front hubs as well. Does it take much to make the Overland Hub fit a T spindle? Also are the spanner readily available?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 07:26 am:

Layden, what I have is the center portion of a Budd wheel, the part that holds the spokes. This one is much larger than the typical center for a Model T. I will take a couple of pictures and count spoke holes next time I am at my shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 07:26 am:

Laymen, what I have is the center portion of a Budd wheel, the part that holds the spokes. This one is much larger than the typical center for a Model T. I will take a couple of pictures and count spoke holes next time I am at my shop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 12:11 pm:

Mike,
I got astray, you did indeed say wheel center.
This list shows the small center for 30x 3 1/2 on Model T Fords and Overland 4 series, the other listings for 5 car makes would be the larger center as you have.

a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 12:03 am:

I'm still looking for some of the smaller Budd hubs if anyone has some extras.I don't care of their overland or model t size.

thnx

brasscarguy@comcast.net

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration