Chadwick Brothers cowl light?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Chadwick Brothers cowl light?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 10:41 pm:

I have been asked to ID and offer pricing on the photo'd lamp shown here. I'm told it's manufactured by Chadwick Brothers of Hamilton, Ontario (Canada)
Any thoughts on year and vehicle it was used on? I've already stated that "Selling price is only as much as one is willing to pay".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 10:57 pm:

I had one of those about two years ago and a young girl from Ontario had advertised for one as she wanted to give it to her grandmother for her 90th birthday because her grandfather was one of the Chadwick Brothers, I priced it accordingly as it was a family issue, about $100, however the unit could be as much as $300 (with no dents) or even more for a complete set. I believe they were used on the 11, 12 and 13 Ts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 11:10 pm:

This is the one I had.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 11:34 pm:

Ross
I want this

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ross Benedict - Calgary, Alberta on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 12:52 am:

Don, It's not mine to sell, I'm just the messenger. I'll pass on your note to the owner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saunders on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 08:55 am:

Good morning Ross.
I have the same model light for my 1911 McLaughlin Buick Model 27 Touring. I would like to purchase this light to complete my set.
Thanks
John Saunders

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 09:03 am:

I usually see the numbers on the glass of the light in earlier photos, say pre 1906?
Why did they do that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 12:51 am:

Our 1909 Model T touring 4032 (made in Walkerville,Ontario ) has Chadwick headlights (Ford script ),parking lights,windshield & a carbide generator.I need a Chadwick tail light if anyone has one for sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer,Woodstock,Ontario,Canada on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 01:11 am:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 08:21 am:

Scott,

Could you post a couple of photos of your Chadwick lamps? I would like to file a photo to possibly identify them on some of the old pictures posted on this forum. We had a great thread on Indiana Lamps that seem to have been furnished on U.S. '09's just a short time ago.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 12:56 pm:

Herb,
Some states required the license number to be on the sidelamps so it could be seen at night. Fun to look up the license registrations and find what car a lamp was on originally.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration