OT my C cab

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT my C cab
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 01:38 am:

Studebaker called this model truck a C-cab.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 10:11 pm:

Hehehehe!
Oh for gosh sakes! I finally see it! I've had this tab up all afternoon...
The "Coffey Brothers Sales & Service" on the door. You? Family heirloom?
I think Studebaker cabs were distinctive compared to the other makers.
Do the rain guards over the windows work good?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 12:02 am:

The Coffey Brothers are my three grandsons. I only had two when I began building the truck, but now have 3, my only son's sons. The phone number on the doors were made from their two birthdays, May 24 and April 12. I now plan to redo the phone numbers by adding an area code to incorporate the youngest's birth date. My son-in-law got the stencils for the lettering for me as a Christmas gift, after finding some schetchings where I had planned out the signage. He helped me apply the lettering over the original green paint. I have made some progress in the truck build since the pic was taken.

It sits on a 1987 Dodge Dakota chassis and now has a Chevrolet 4.3 V6 and automatic transmission. The factory metal bed floor has been replaced, by a previous owner, with cedar boards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 01:18 am:

Those 4.3 babblers are pretty good engines.
Very cool.
: - ) (big smile!) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 04:26 am:

Grandkids are God's reward.... Congratulations!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration