Boyd's Beater

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Boyd's Beater
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 08:39 am:

Remember this? It caused quite a stir on here when Boyd's boys built it on his TV show a few years ago. Now it can be yours for "only" $69,700! :-)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1927-American-Classic-Motors-Model-T/122954765730?hash= item1ca0acd5a2:g:bwsAAOSwTIhaehfP&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 10:03 am:

If it were mine I would sell it and buy 2 or 3 "real" model Ts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 01:18 pm:

Tsk, tsk, tsk. (Head shakes side to side.)

Another stellar example of misspent time and misdirected talent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 01:27 pm:

Nothing I would buy but having owned hot rods, I can dig it. I was also not a big fan of Coddington.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 01:47 pm:

$69,700 and it isnt even painted?

PASS!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 02:54 pm:

It is Even brown like poo,sheesh. A waste of good parts. I don't remember it because I don't have cable tv .Probably messed up a decent car to build it to knowing that bunch.
The shame of it is,he has talent,I can't remember the details but 1 of the welding magazines I get had a artical about him and there was a Cadillac that he built,burgundy in color,now it had class,it was a nice looking car. So he can do decent work if he would set his mind to it instead building s--- like this and actually coloring it that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 03:35 pm:

Nothing I'd want to own but I kinda like it in a weird, retard sort of way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 03:39 pm:

Mack,
Boyd built "Cadzilla" for Billy Gibbons, guitarist for ZZTop. Yeah, that car was nice- built like a '50's Barris creation.
Heck, they even painted it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 04:48 pm:

I remember when they built this car. Instead of finding a rusty body in a feild they bought a complete running car, pulled the body off and got rid of the chassis and fenders. They did the same thing to a complete 28 or 29 model A pickup on the same episide.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 05:04 pm:

It is interesting to see how much paint has chipped and scraped off around the dorrs/hood/trunk lid.

a) poor quality paint?
or
b) poor application?
or
c) just plain rough treatment?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 06:04 pm:

Wonder if the stupid looking quarter window was Boyd's idea, or maybe Dewayne's ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 06:06 pm:

No,not that 1.I will have to see if I can find it.It was in the Lincoln Welders magazine about a year ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 06:13 pm:

Oh heck,I am getting chip foose mixed up with Boyd.

Madam X : A Coach-Built Cadillac by Chip Foose was the 1 I was thinking about.

Quite honestly all those holliwierd car builders are about the same to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 06:18 pm:

Have never met a bigger A-hole in my life while Boyd was at Bonneville. Had a big section roped off and walked around like he was God while ignoring all that were drooling over his greatness. Think it was the year that he got his motorhome stuck and had to pay big bucks to get it out. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 06:26 pm:

Like or dislike... Enjoy 'em for what they are, or have been / could be. Isn't LIFE terminal? The key word is 'Enjoy'.:-)

Take Care; Behave; Stay Warm (and)
"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 10:28 pm:

Chip Foose creation: "Madame X", based on a 1939 Cadillac.
A nice, tasteful custom IMHO. I mighta ditched the Eldorado style caps for real wire wheels though.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 09:00 am:

Guys that I know have met and talked with Chip Foose say that he is a nice fellow and pleasant to talk with. I would like to meet and talk with Wayne Carini or Dennis Gage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Thompson Graham NC on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 09:59 am:

the way i look at those shows is anybody could
build cars in their shops with unlimited tv money.
what is more amazing is what common people get done
in the cold and skip lunch at work to help pay for it. philip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 10:25 am:

If I had a third of the money spent on tv cars I could be driving my dream cars.
A 58 Lincoln Mark 2 four door or no telling what.Maby even 1 of those fiberglass Tucker replicas on a Monte Carlo chassis. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration