Old Photo - What is this one

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - What is this one
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 08:54 am:

The steering column knobs look NRS?

Steering is on the wrong side unless the photo is flipped. Nope it's not a Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 09:40 am:

Cropped, flipped, and grayscale with enhanced contrast.

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Wirth - Richfield, WI on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 09:43 am:

Looks like the remains of a "Bush" to me. Engine, radiator and fuel tank have been removed.

The photo is not flipped/reversed. They were left hand drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 09:46 am:

I think Tod is right. I think I can see the coil spring under the guy sitting in front.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 09:53 am:

Brush or Bush ?!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 09:58 am:

Could be-he coil springs, shape of cowl, location of firewall tank- look like a Brush, circa 1908.

Too bad you cant clearly see the front (wooden?) axle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 10:00 am:

A few days ago I saw a Brush advertised for sale, in the Atlanta GA area, I believe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 10:09 am:

Enhanced photo un-flipped. :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 12:13 pm:

looks just like mine if it where put together,ha,ha. 1908 mod b. but mine is a wide track high wheeler. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tod Wirth - Richfield, WI on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 02:12 pm:

Yes Rich, you are correct. "Bush" was a typo. It was supposed to read "Brush".

The Brush was a single cylinder car. A friend of mine has one. He always likes to tell people that "They had a wooden body, a wooden frame, wooden axles and wooden start. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 02:21 pm:

This one in the Branson Auto and Farm Museum shows the wooden parts clearly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 02:28 pm:

This is likely the same car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady L Puryear on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 03:34 pm:

Looks like at least two of these old Boys are real, hard case, Cowboys, and the Driver has never seen a camera.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 09:40 am:

It looks like a movie prop I think they are all actors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 10:14 am:

Looks like some High Plains drifters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brian korth on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 03:52 pm:

1908 or 1909 brush, could be a model b or model bc. i own a 1908 model bc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brian korth on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 04:13 pm:

looking a little closer the car in original picture is a model bc 1908 or 1909. the museum car is a 1908 model b .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 04:29 pm:

Brian, is your Brush running? They are delightful cars. I rode in a 1910 for half a day. It was most memorable.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 11:51 pm:

Brush was the 1st car with full floating axles as they were made from wood.

About a brush, wooden frame, wooden axles woulden't run!!!!!

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 02:47 pm:

What is the purpose of the pipe coming from front of the firewall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 03:45 pm:

I can't figure it out Lenney. It looks like the elbow is connected to some sort of tank. Certainly not what was there originally.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 04:09 pm:

I think the pipe is the free-standing single cylinder engine's exhaust pipe and it is just an optical illusion that it looks like it is connected to the firewall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 04:29 pm:

The pipe is a drain for the drivers urinal that is on the other side of the firewall that you can't see in the picture. That way he can drive coast to coast non stop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 04:51 pm:

Dennis, I suppose being a one cylinder engine the crankshaft would have one rod urinal and two main urinals. &o{

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred B on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 04:55 pm:

well those boys may be tough, but they,er not gonna rob the bank today. there was one in our area back in the day, it got the wood burned off to scrap it in WW II.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 09:56 pm:

A 1908 Brush in the Alaskan brush!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKP7RZWb6T0

Fountainhead Museum, Fairbanks, Alaska

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration