O.T. Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: O.T. Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting, Clare, Iowa on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 01:49 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLud5XYfY_c

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 01:58 pm:

Well, this was a useful expenditure of my time as it is a graphic reminder of why new vehicles (not just Fords, but ANY any vehicle) cost so much; someone has to help pay for the assembly plant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 03:46 pm:

I've been out for three years now.
I can still smell the hot metal/ new rubber/ fresh paint smell and my ears are still ringing.

I sure dont miss it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 04:47 pm:

Currently waiting for my new Ford Taurus to come off the line. Hope to have it next month. Educational video. Thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 02:13 pm:

Dale W. - "......been out for three years now." Sounds more like "incarceration" than employment!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 02:44 pm:

Harold,
I gotta say, sometimes it felt like it! But really, I got no complaints. A good living at good wages with a decent benefits package negotiated by the Union. Sure, some days were lousy and 8 hours dragged on like it would never end, but some days 12 hours went by like 2.
As you walked through the gates into the plant you just never knew which kind of day it would be!

I bailed at 38 years- I just didnt have the stones to beat my Grandfather's record of 49 years- 1911 until 1960 - all in the same dept. at a Buick plant.

But he hired in when he was 15!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 02:44 pm:

Note how few employees. Compare it with the old videos of Highland Park making T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 02:52 pm:

All those robots must cost a lot of money, but the investment must pay off well compared to humans working.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 03:00 pm:

Robots dont get sick, dont need breaks, dont complain when you speed up the line or add more work to their jobs- dont need
Wednesday off to attend a funeral.

Too bad they dont buy the products they build.........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 04:34 pm:

The people building robots buy the products the robots build, but as you correctly suggest, worker numbers/automobile produced are a small fraction of what they were in the Highland Park era.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration