Old Photo - Panel truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Panel truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 06:58 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 08:50 pm:

Now that is a nice design. Very swish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, February 07, 2018 - 08:51 pm:

That is an especially classy panel delivery body !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 04:47 am:

I'll bet those tires didn't turn brown either! :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 07:43 am:

Looks to be a '23 T. Does that mean it has a 350 under the hood?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 11:10 am:

I wonder if that body came with anything to keep the driver from getting hit in the head with cold air on a winter day?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 11:24 am:

Ha, ha, Larry, the driver would have to provide his own balaclava !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 12:43 pm:

It may be a slip-on body that goes on a roadster. If the contrast were better, it would be easier to discern.

See this thread:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/617500.html?1456187152

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 01:56 am:

Rich B ! You found a word I had to look up! Thank you. I am always trying to learn new (to me) words.
Somehow I didn't think he had to wear a sweet pastry (Kind of like a cake).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 09:10 am:

Wayne..LOL...yeh, at first I thought my ol' Pal Rich was into the hooch too hard! Or he couldn't spell BAKLAVA!! Not big on those kind of hats, but I sure do LOVE baklava. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 10:46 am:

So what you're saying is that a Ninja warrior drove these trucks?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 11:03 am:

In 26-7 Ford Canada offered a very similar body. There is a “survivor” locally

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 11:28 am:

Ninja warrior (;-) hehehehe.

You have to be as tough as a ninja warrior to drive these trucks in a January freeze! -10, wind blowing snow at 20 mph, truck driving into the storm....you had better have one of these on....with goggles.

All of this applies to some of us. IF you live in Minnesota, it would be just another spring day with a little snow.

Cheers,
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 06:00 pm:

Erik, thanks for that link to the slip-on body definitely a strong resemblance. Aside from what we can't see in this photo, the cowl doesn't quite look to me like the Ford body cowl - what do you think ?

Funny about learning - around here, at least in the iggorant circles I run in, a "Balaclava" is a woolen winter hat with ear flaps - not unlike what Elmer Fudd wears hunting. I've never seen one of them Ninja masks around here, but it looks like it would be a good idea for driving that T at 20 below !

Now I'm confused ! Think I'll just mosey down to the Greek restaurant and have a piece of baklava and think this over.

Balaclava ? Isn't that where the Charge of the Light Brigade took place during the Crimean War . . . ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 12:15 am:

Well, Rich, that gave me some more to read for awhile. So much history. So much art, literature, legend, and more. All to wonder, and to learn from. So much of it, interconnected, much in ways that affect us more than we know.
Often, I need to wander through the internet, looking at bits and pieces, here and there. Reminding myself of things I had forgotten. Learning more things I had never known. I used to read my books, and encyclopedias. But the internet is so much faster (for all my complaints about how the gamers try to run, and ruin, it, I do believe the internet is a wonderful resource of so much information).
Yes. The Balaclava (sometimes spelled with a "k", BalaKlava) region of Crimea is where the famous "Charge of the Light Brigade" took place. It of course goes by many other names using alphabets from Russian and Turkish cultures. It is also the war wherein Florence Nightingale first became famous.
So much more to read about.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration