A pumpkin 'Baked' through the years...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: A pumpkin 'Baked' through the years...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 12:51 pm:

Rather than hi-jacking Matt's thread about de-greasers, I'll try to explain my problem.

The TT has the worm-drive Ruckstell, covered with obvious oil and grease staining from over the years. A hot 3500 psi power-washer with detergent removed most, but would not remove all... Certainly not enough to consider paint-prep. Suggestions, please.

Take Care; Behave; Keep Breathing (and)
"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 01:25 pm:

Pulled my worm gears apart last fall. Really nasty grease! I wound up using several applications of Easy Off oven cleaner followed by scrubbing the gears with an old toothbrush and 3M green scrubbing pads. Be sure and wear rubber gloves and a face shield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 01:29 pm:

Marv; I use oven cleaner and let it soak for about 1/2 hour

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 01:39 pm:

-G.R.-
'What?' does one use to then get rid of the oven-cleaner film?
Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 01:43 pm:

Dawn and a stiff bristled brush

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 07:44 pm:

Take all to a good auto repair place and have it hot tanked. Better for the environment any way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 01:26 am:

I second what Mark said. I leave mine there on Friday and they soak it all weekend. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 02:05 am:

You will still have to deal with rust, but the stuff comes out clean. No mess no fuss no fumes

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration