Six rivet housing bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Six rivet housing bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 03:36 pm:

Does anyone know what is the proper type of bolt to use with the six rivet clam shell housings? I think they are 5/16", but I want to know what thread, head size and length they should be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 04:06 pm:

Sept 1912 Parts and Price List calls out 7 ea. of p/n 2503D as Axle Housing bolt and nut, 5/16" x 1 7/8". Would be hex head and hex nut. Normally part of the shank under the hex not threaded.

There are earlier parts, 2503A , 2503B, 2503C, but all are shorter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark herdman on Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 10:18 pm:

Bill

For most of 1910, the shorter of the bolts varied slightly in length depending on weather they had reinforcing and or washers as changes in design progressed. You need the length past the nut from a stock set and work it out from there. I could measure it from my original restored 1910 rear end for you if you still need help.

Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 08:05 am:

Mark, that would be great. My housing has the reinforcing washers on the one side so I'm not sure how long the bolts need to be. BTW, I'd love to see some photos of your T!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration