So What's happening with "Nuthin Special" ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: So What's happening with "Nuthin Special" ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 04:32 pm:

It's been a while since I've seen any postings or up dates on Carston's "Nuthin Special" so how about an up date.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 05:17 pm:

Dennis,

Carsten has a PR Agent - he inked a deal with P & G to be the exclusive smile for all toothbrushes made by them ....

Last I heard - the Family was vacationing in the Mediterranean aboard their new Yacht ( Something Special ) .....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 06:34 pm:

If its like my projects in cooollldddd weather, NUTHIN!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 06:30 pm:

You're right Jim he does have a great smile. His truck would be a good one for Leno's Garage with Carston telling the story of reconstruction.

Dallas you just have to work faster to keep the blood flowing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 11:24 pm:

Been kinda quiet with the holidays and a couple of weeks into the new year everybody in the family came down with the Flu bug for 2 1/2 weeks. All the suspension is done. Al cotter pins in place. Built new seats temporarily gotta do some thing better but will work for now. Have a rebuilt generator ready to go. Still need to build rear panhard bar. Need to move body back on frame 2 inches. Paint and wiring next. Get to show it off this weekend at Carston's pine wood derby with his Cub Scout pack. I have pics just need to resize them give me a
Day or two. Just starting to feel myself again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 11:49 pm:

Hi Chris,

That flu is nasty business - rest up

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 05:14 am:

My 88 year old mother had a nasty bug. We brought her to our house so we could keep an eye on her for a few days. She is back in her place again, and almost back to her normal self. A couple of nasty bugs out there this year.
You guys take care of you and yours!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 12:01 am:

Cotter pins, cotter pins, cotter pins.... all done. Making adjustments this week. Little death wobble we got to take care of I think not enough camber. Adjusted clutches, the nutural clevis neutral kick out so now I have proper neutral and no slipping clutches. My friend Walt gave me a custom built sway bar he built for one of his inline Chevy hot rods. Gonna mount it on the rear cross member and rear axle instead of a panhard bar. Need to tune up the ignition system a little and tune carb up some more. Took it down the street cruising nicely around 40 mph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 09:20 am:

OK, all is right with the world now. Will Carston be making an appearance at Hershey this year?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 10:03 am:

Thanks for the up date I look forward to more progress reports.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 10:30 am:

I wish we're going to Hershey. Maybe next year.

August we will be moving the shops. I get to down size from a 40x60 building to a 30 x 36 (new home for 4 model T's and my 1913 White touring car) building for the cars and a 21x24 2 car garage for my machine shop and the 1907 Holsman. Mom sold the home place and is downsizing. My sister and I kept the cars ( mom is keeping our 1909 Brush and my sister kept the 1917 Hupmobile and Herbie our 1962 VW). So I am down sizing some so I can fit everything in. Oh so much fun I would rather play on cars!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration