OT- tail light identification

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT- tail light identification
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Thursday, February 08, 2018 - 04:50 pm:

I bought this tail light at a swap meet to add to my wall of other tail lights and plates but I am curious if anyone knows what type of car it came on? I do not think it is an accessory as the aluminum mounting bracket on the back looks specific to one car rather than a universal set-up.

Thanks, Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 08:35 pm:

Chris,I sold a taillight just like that to a guy for a Stutz,it was all brass and he called it the "mantle clock" style. That one may be too valuable to leave on the wall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 09:08 pm:

1913 Stutz Bearcat used a $imilar light........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 09:09 pm:

Same general shape, but yours looks better!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 09:56 pm:

Is that an Essex or a Dodge tail light below that one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 11:21 pm:

Steve, this tail light is brass under the black paint and the trim ring is nickel. David, the tail light below is a dodge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 12:12 am:

You guys may have nailed it.I looked at stutz pictures online and found what looks to be a very similar light on this stutz.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 04:58 am:

Chris, PM sent. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 04:38 pm:

The 2nd Stuze tail light pic is closer in appearance to Chris's than the 13 Stuze one is. The 1st Stuze tail light bracket is flat in appearance wheras the 2nd has an offset where the license plate bolts on to. Look close in the 2nd pic and you can see it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration