Tall radiator heads up

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Tall radiator heads up
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 01:04 am:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-Radiator-Replacement-Style-Flat-Tube-Type- High-Style-1923-1927/273057426207?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119 .m1438.l2649

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 01:46 am:

Looks like a Berg's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 07:53 am:

While it may look like a Berg's, it would be hard to believe eckauto would buy a Berg's at $800 and sell it for $600, a $200 loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 09:03 am:

It's not a Berg's. Also, notice there is no support bar in the core.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 09:13 am:

Mac's has been selling a "different" (3rd source) brand of replacement radiator for some time now. This would appear to be what this is. I don't know anybody who has purchased and used one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 10:30 am:

I didn't see the brace was missing. If you look close it looks like there is a brace running under the tank. On the other hand, most people today do not drive on the kind of roads that were prevalent when the T was first built so it might not be an issue. Still not a bad price with free shipping. I don't think honeycomb type and some other era radiators had the strap running thru them. Some may have had the strap but may have just run under the bottom tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 10:55 am:

I got one of those '3rd' source low radiators for the '23. Thought could save some $, and did, but about all its does is cool satisfactory.

The low cost is by compromise, here is what it is:

Incorrect Ford type offset for the upper tank inlet, so the hose is crooked.

Upper support rod bracket is flimsy.

Lower water outlet connection satisfactory. But no center bar for core stability. Relies on thin end brackets at the radiator mounting bolts.

Biggest little issue, can't use Ford petcock for drain. Has this modern butterfly valve soldered in place. When twisted fully down to open the valve, the butterfly wings bind on the cross member, funky thing, but PITA.

Get a Brassworks :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 12:34 pm:

The radiator on the 25 I am working on, someone instead of fixing right, filled the corners and bottom three rows of fins with lead. I weeps there and on the bottom tank. I wondered last night why it was so heavy! I really had not looked that close to the repairs. If I can scrap up the money..The front looks the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 12:38 pm:

Nothing wrong with that that 5 HEAVY coats of paint on the fins won't cure.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 12:41 pm:

LOL From the repairs up it's in fair shape and it's a staggered row core to boot. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 03:12 pm:

It does not look much like this Bergs that I bought for my 1926.

Bergs

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration