Old Photo - Street lamp replacement

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Street lamp replacement
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 12:49 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 12:50 pm:

Love it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 01:45 pm:

Any one with a defibrillator for the OSHA folks.
Great detail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 02:42 pm:

I hope he does not shake the key and get a free start.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 03:08 pm:

About the worst think of is if Stan and Ollie stopped along side!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 03:45 pm:

At least there's a safety rail.......about knee high.

You all know how much flex there is in a T suspension. Can you imagine how much that is magnified by the time you're up that high?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grant J Barlow on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 04:00 pm:

Forerunner of Barnstorming

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 05:21 pm:

I want to know how he knew where to stop to line up the ladder right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 05:30 pm:

I had that picture framed and gave it to my youngest son Carl who is a lineman for our power company. I think there trucks have improved some since then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 05:32 pm:

It would be helpful if the ladder was about another foot higher so he wouldn't have to stretch so far. I wonder how many bulbs he dropped on the streets over the years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 06:50 pm:

Having worked at the top of a '54 GMC one-ton ladder/bucket truck (manual lift, position, then climb) many many hours, I can tell you, even that thing moved about an uncomfortable amount. I can hardly imagine that high above a model T's soft suspension?
Actually, I wish I could still have that old GMC. It would help with trimming a few of my trees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 10:59 pm:

At the Chevy plant we had a lift a loft good for about 30' At Olds with the high press room steel work we had man lifts that would reach up 50; and you could still drive at that height!! Once for a job i was not on Olds rented a Grove high lift that went up 90' and you could still drive!! Myself and another millwright had to move it out of the way so we took it outside and went to 90'!!!! Bud who once was someone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 12:52 am:

If you look between the spokes of the back wheel you can see some sort of what appears to be a stiff spring from somewhere underneath to the back end frame work of some sort that goes up the back to the top frame which the ladder sits on. I don't think the ladder at least in the rear part is using the Ford suspension but perhaps another stiffer setup the we cannot see. If he does catch a hot wire at least he is insulated from ground by the tires. That way if he is doing this in a thunderstorm he might be safe from lightning :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration