1923 Coupe on Ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1923 Coupe on Ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 01:37 pm:

I thought this Coupe had some nice detail pictures of existing wood and interior parts. It also might be an interesting project at a somewhat reasonable price.
No connection with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1923-Ford-Model-T-/253407649278?hash=item3b0045dd fe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 02:09 pm:

The link say "1923", (and aren't ALL Model T's a '23???), but it sure reminds me of our '25 Cranky...

Happy T-ing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 02:13 pm:

It's a Ford, but not 1923.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 02:30 pm:

Late 23 to 25 all looked the same without a motor number it's a good guess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 02:37 pm:

Starter switch, amazing amount of wood remaining, plate glass, spare, engine head in trunk with plugs, seat springs, doors, horn button, gas tank, 1 ignition coil, ignition switch, windshield wiper, shelf, deck lid, brakes, choke, latches, visor frame, plug wires.

I hope someone restores it and does not part it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 03:37 pm:

The "New" Coupe and Tudor Sedan were introduced in August 1923 as 1924 models. Although this one could have been sold in 1923 it most likely is a '24 or '25. Sometimes these years aren't even that close. Judging from the wood framed doors it is more early than late. I'm sure someone knows when the steel door frames came out.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 03:54 pm:

It's a '24. Wood frame doors and a seperate aluminum belt line molding. In '25 that was deleted and the upper section of the body had the belt line molding as part of the body. There were also some differences in the package tray, but I don't recall what they were. Dave Sosnoski, where are you? :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 03:58 pm:

Dallas, you weren't too far from Red Oak when you were in Clarinda. It's a shame we didn't know about this sooner, you probably could have found an answer to a lot of your questions. :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 04:06 pm:

Dave, its a good thing I didnt know about it. I told my wife I wouldnt buy a model T this trip! But wait, its parts right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 04:25 pm:

Mr. Sosnoski would probably know what month the door and belt changes were made. I'm not sure it was a year change.
There are some hard to find parts with this one. As Vern mentioned the visor frames are hard to find. The window riser hardware and moldings are seldom there. This one has much of that. What wood is bad would make fair patterns.
For me, these are always fun to look at.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 04:33 pm:

Looks to me like a high radiator. That and the radiator apron say 24-25, not 23.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 05:28 pm:

I thought the fuel tanks for Coupes were in the trunk/turtle deck not under the seat. I see two dash boards and the back fenders look different from each other. Like Rich said a lot of hard to find metal trim and such that would be great for patterns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 05:32 pm:

I see the car in question sold a few minutes ago. If the buyer is a forum member maybe we will see some updates in the future.
Fun while it lasted.
Rich

No Dennis, '24 & '25 had them under the seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 06:26 pm:

Thanks for the information on the fuel tank. I know the early ones were in the turtle deck. I hope who ever bought it will post many pictures I know I would like to see several of the visor frame so I could make one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 08:08 pm:

I am rather certain that this coupe is a 1924 model year.

Dave Sosnoski helped to determine that my '24 model year coupe was manufactured during the first week of November 1923. He has not given up on writing his "Coupe" book, but sometimes life gets in the way.

There are a number of changes in the construction of the body which can be used to establish a time frame for when the bodies were built. There is also an embossed number on the right floorboard riser which can help to establish a time of build.

Both of the rear fenders on this coupe match and are "coupe" fenders and not used on any other body style.

My coupe. I do have the visor but was not installed at the time of this photograph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 09:06 pm:

Nice Coupe for a resurrection. Goll, look at all the paint still there! Mmmm, a scrub brush, a garden hose and then rubbing compound?
Amazing amount of details for a dope like me! I don't even have a coupe! Oops, I do. Sort of. Junk like my Coupe SHOULD be offered to the rodders instead.
If a butcher got it, the parts, the bits and what-not will be gone. I wonder how many little bits rattled out on the trip from the barn to the seller's lot?
I sure wish my late Centerdoor looked that good.
Some details are similar to a Centerdoor. Not the same (duh) but similar.
For me, those huge JavaScript images are a bear to nab and put away for further reference but I got 'em. ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 11:36 pm:

Dennis had asked about the visor and measurements for the '23 to '25 models. I've gotten and saved drawings in both PDF and jpg versions. Will try to attach the PDF. PM me if you need as a jpg format.

application/pdf
23-25_T_Sunvisor-29622-577579.pdf (69.8 k)

Take Care, Behave; Stay Warm (and)
"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 06:55 am:

David, my original 25 coupe has steel doors and the rest of the 25 features, but the body has the removable molding. As I remember it's a February car.
I hope whoever bought will restore it. It is to nice for some idiot to screw it up.
23-25 Coupes have always been my favorite.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 07:34 am:

Dan, as always it's pretty much impossible to nail down exact year changes, as I'm sure you well know. Not only was stock used up in the factory, no doubt it took quite some time for the branch plants to receive the new parts before the original ones were used. Our coupe was assembled at the Kansas City branch plant. I haven't checked out the number for the exact time frame, but it has most of the '25 features as described by Dave Sosnoski. No doubt there was a lot of overlap on features, on all T's. From what little I know, that T does appear to be a '24. I too hope whoever bought it will restore it. Red Oak IA. is just about an hour or so from me, wish I had seen the add sooner so I could take some pictures, or maybe Dallas could have taken it home. :-) :-) Just kidding Dallas. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 07:55 am:

Yes Dave, I think Dallas would have given it a good home. Funny how part's could become a complete running car. LOL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 08:05 am:

:-) :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 08:08 am:

The closed T's are pretty special. There were lots of dilapidated bodies and pieces available in the 70's and 80's for those who recognized them. Folks chuckled at me for buying side panels with wood attached and doors at swap meets for a Tudor for $5 and $10 each. After 3 bodies and a lot of parts I managed to puzzle one together. I thought the Kids deserved a closed car after riding in a Speedster for many years (Rain, Snow or Heat). They were grown and gone by the time I got it together. Probably that is why the pictures of this Coupe intrigued me so much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 08:22 am:

Thank You Marv for the link. Now I have something to work with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 03:59 pm:

Here is a 24/25 I have pieced together. It is in my profile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 04:47 pm:

Kirk, that's a fine looking Coupe. Maybe I'll have to put one together after all. ;o)
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 05:31 pm:

Thanks Rich,

This coupe is what I think some people might have used for basic transportation during the depression.
I recall seeing pictures of your good looking 22 coupe.

Take care

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration