T8719-B versus T8719-C

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: T8719-B versus T8719-C
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jay on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 05:52 pm:

T8719-B came off my '26 engine. It is marked T8719-B, has a Ford script and is shown on the right in the picture. To the best of my knowledge it is an original part.
T8719-C is a reproduction, sold as a '26-'27 and is shown on the left in the picture.
Please tell me the history of these parts and why so different.
Also please tell me where and from whom I may be able to buy the -B model.
Thank you for all advice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 06:10 pm:

Jay,the one on the right gave problems in service. Many of them have broken off bolt lugs because they were overtightened. The bolt was real y only meant to drive the adjustment for the fan belt tension, and the nut just locked the bolt on that setting.

The later type is much more sturdy and easier to adjust.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 06:16 pm:

From the Model T Encyclopedia:

chart

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 06:55 pm:

Hi Jay,

To my knowledge, no one is reproducing the "-B".

I do have one in good condition. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 08:41 pm:

And I have one with the ear broke off. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 09:45 pm:

The later eccentric design is big improvement over the single cross bolt of the early '26.

The single cross bolt ears are known to break if the bolt is over stressed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, February 09, 2018 - 09:58 pm:

I have one. $125. Send me a pm if you are interested. It will be clean and checked for cracks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 04:24 am:

A T8719B with a broken ear could be repaired, even if you don't have the ear. It would take some time and a bit of work, but is doable. I have repaired many castings similar to that. That being said, I don't know if it would be worth the time or not, unless you just really wanted that style and couldn't find one. JMHO Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Franko on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 09:17 am:

Jay I have one in good condition for $55.00. Tim Franko. 216-447-0437. Independence,o. 44131

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration