Help wanted identifying Acetylene Headlamp

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Help wanted identifying Acetylene Headlamp
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Swift on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 04:51 pm:

My T is 1915 as uses electric lamps. However I have found a lamp I was thinking of buying just to put on display in my garage. Can anyone please identify make/model age etc please and if possible what would be reasonable price to pay? Many thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 06:45 pm:

The tops looks like these Castle Model 1206 on Ebay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Swift on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 08:32 pm:

Thanks for the input. Consensus seems to be that my lamp is off a 1910 Speedwell.Didn't think it was any T lamp I recognised. Amyway..I bought it for $160.00 USD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Swift on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 08:34 pm:

It will sit my my small collection of early lamps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 11:33 pm:

The 1206 Castle lights were used on 1912 Overlands. This light would be a bit too small for a Speedwell. I dought Speedwell would have used a Castle lame they were not the top of the line lamp company.

Check with Mile Silvera in Nevada he has at least 1 early Speedwell and might have 2.

just sayin'

brasscargut

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration