Both sets of grandparents first cars.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Both sets of grandparents first cars.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 04:59 pm:

Claus and Myrtle Heyen in their new 1916 T:

Dan and Alta Hershberger with their 1914 T, with electric headlights. Friend Ralph Rogers is standing alongside the car.

(Message edited by Rob on February 11, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Royster on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 05:38 pm:

These are great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 09:36 pm:

Rob, you are very fortunate to have those pictures and that history, especially from both sides of the family.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Long Western Australia on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 03:51 am:

Plus they had the common sense to by Model Tís!!
Alan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lew Morrill on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 09:29 am:

Yes, great photo's. Thank you for posting them. Can you share the location?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim magill on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 09:30 am:

Great pictures Rob, especially the one with the awesome barn. is it still standing? if so is it still in the family?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 07:09 pm:

Thanks guys. I'm not sure where that barn is, however our barn, constructed prior to 1902 when my great grandfather bought our farm, still stands. Both sets of grandparents lived near Milford, NE, and about a mile apart. I live on the same farm.

My grandparents first cars were Model Ts. My dad's first vehicle was a 25 T roadster pickup that he and his brothers drove to school. My first car was a 1926 T touring that dad and I fixed up and I drove to school on a school permit at 14. I guess that's three generations of a first car T family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 10:11 pm:

Very cool. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration