Roof or Green overhead

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Roof or Green overhead
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 07:14 pm:

This head looks like a Liberty 8" roof head. I had Larry Sigworth look at some pictures and while he agreed he also stated that Green Engineering made one with the same intake bosses.
Anyone have an idea of the MFG.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Penserini - Sacramento Calif on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 08:00 pm:

I believe that head is Laurel / Roof. I'm unaware of Green making a rocker arm head. Green did make a overhead cam attachment for SR Fronty heads which did have 2 intake ports with a vertical studs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 08:02 pm:

Looks just like my liberty 8 did. Dan MCEachern may have made valve covers at one time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 08:28 pm:

Mike, does it have the same look at the front like this? the gasket area is different but that could just be a later head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 08:31 pm:

same head, different angle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 08:32 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 08:39 pm:

Looks the same to me. Has a much lower serial number only XXXX in the same location, Also has maybe a date code 3.30.23 cast between the intakes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 09:07 pm:

Definitely Roof liberty 8. The rockers on the head that Mike posted may be late model Ford 6 cyl rockers. The rockers in the pictures that Jerry posted are Roof rockers. Tim is correct in that I do reproduce the rocker cover for this head.

The cast shape around the intake ports is unique to this head AFAIK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 09:14 pm:

Looking at the pictures again, those might well be Nash rockers, not Ford 6.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Webb on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 03:54 am:

Hi Mike
How much do you want for it ?
I can pick it up off you next month at Chickasha
Looking forward to catching up with you again
Cheers
Andrew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 06:23 am:

I did an engine for a guy in Belgium that had that head, first time I saw a Model T burning rubber!!! Ran like a scalled dog!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration