Way OT: 1949 Frigidaire

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Way OT: 1949 Frigidaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 09:54 pm:

I need the right hand plastic cover for the hydrator of a 1949 Frigidaire refrigerator. The refrigerator is in daily use in our farmhouse and is still going strong in its 69th year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 07:50 am:

Have you tried Googling "antique refrigerator collecting/parts"? You'd be astonished at the number of people out there who have stashes of NOS parts going clear back to the twenties!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 08:52 am:

Amazing how long the "good ol' appliances" last isn't it? Send a pic of it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 08:55 am:

Naturally I just HAD to get nosey and try your suggestion George, even though I'm not in any market for such. But lo and behold on the homepage of this website is a pic of a bunch of the cool "iceboxes" as my late grandparents used to call theirs, they had it well into the late 60's, it was still working even when they went "modern"! I would love to have one of those things. Thanks for the suggestion! :-)

http://store.antiqueappliances.com/Refrigerator-Parts_c_1.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 11:31 am:

I agree with Tim. John and his crew refurbished a 1947 Westinghouse for me a few years ago. I think it came with the farm my parents purchased from my Grandmother. In addition to new paint, they replaced the insulation and put a new blower motor in it but the compressor is the original. My first recollection of the machine was having to stand on my tip toes to reach the handle.

http://www.antiqueappliances.com/

They might have what you need or could tell you where you might get one.

(Message edited by jesselashcraft on February 12, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 05:00 pm:

I love the old refrigerators! I am currently using a 1953 Philco V - handle. The cool thing about this model is that the door will open in either direction, depending on which side of the "V" handle you pull.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration