Gilmore Classic tour and show registration is open

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Gilmore Classic tour and show registration is open
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 11:51 am:

https://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/5-19-18-Showcase-Pre -1942-FULL-PAGE.pdf

Guys,

Looks like registration is open for this event May 18 and 19

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 12:10 pm:

Too bad the show is in Michigan and I live in California. Would love to go anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 01:48 pm:

We might go just to see the cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Monday, February 12, 2018 - 04:02 pm:

Gilmore is great! Allow yourself a full day to take in as much as possible....

"Happy T-ing!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard C. Sullivan on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 09:21 pm:

Gilmore is the largest car museum in North America..Well worth a trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 12:26 am:

A quick and intense car guy tour of Detrot

Day 1 Fly from Calif. to Chicago and pickup a car
Come from California and visit the Studebaker museum in South Bend, Ind. Spend a few more hours driving to Kalamazoo Mi.

Day 2
Visit the Gilmore Maybe two days if you time it with one of their shows.

Day3
Slide down I69 to Auburn and visit the three great museums there..Auburn Cord Duesenberg, Ford v8 and Kruse Again add a day if you come on a show or auction weekend.

Day4
Maybe go another two hours south to the Indianapolis race museum. Also swing by Richmond Ind for the T Museum

Day5
Travel east to Ypsilanti and visit the fire truck museum, Tucker/Hudson Museum and then easterly to Dearborn

Day6 and 7 and?
Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. Maybe stop at the Benson Ford archives and see what you can learn regarding your car. Also allow a few hours to visit the Rouge

Day 7 and 8
Visit Paquette Plant, Edsel and Eleanor Ford Mansion, Detroit Art Institute, Meadowbrook Hall, Stahls car museum, Fairlane may or may not be open for a tour.

Day 8 catch an evening flight back to California From Detroit Metro

YOU HAVE NOW COMPLETED A BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO THE DETROIT CAR HISTORY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Bowers - Kalamazoo, MI on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 02:00 am:

I will be there in one of my Model As. I love about 3/4 a mile down the road!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Bowers - Kalamazoo, MI on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 02:01 am:

That should read "I live half mile down the road" phone loves to change my words

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 05:46 pm:

I'll be there with the Fordor again. We plan to camp in the RV. It's a great show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard C. Sullivan on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 09:55 pm:

In Auburn, Indiana, is also the NATMUS museum right behid the ACD Museum where FURURLINER #10 is now on display.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Friday, February 16, 2018 - 06:08 am:

I will be there also. I will drive the tour in my 26 Touring but this year plan show my dad's 26 Fordor (which I also plan to take to OCF if they smile upon me). My dad passed away in Dec 2016 and he would have liked knowing his car was out and about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Friday, February 16, 2018 - 10:01 am:

I’ll be there too with my father Phil. We have a unique history with the Gilmore Museum as a family. My sister may have bee the only woman restored to win best of show there with a Model T. Wouldn’t miss it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Mrdeza on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 12:48 pm:

Highly encourage the Gilmore Pre-War Tour and Show. Have been there the last two years and had a great time, although it rained on the Friday tour last year so drove 50 of the 90+ miles in the rain (no wipers and Rain X doesn't work too well when there is little airflow across the windshield). Storm curtains came in handy.

Then there is the museum itself - awesome!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration