Old Photo - Brass Era - California Roadside Stop

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Brass Era - California Roadside Stop
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 11:38 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 11:53 am:

That's one dusty road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 01:40 pm:

That must be modified to knock the fur clean off a deer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 02:45 pm:

Deer in the electric headlights ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 04:42 pm:

Must be very dry by the look of that deer. I knew T's were slow but wow. She didnt even make it home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 04:51 pm:

Another fantastic photo! Thanks Jay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 06:14 pm:

I don't think I have ever seen a 1914 Califunny plate (white over red) with a letter "A" ahead of the numbers. It clearly is a 1914 CAL porcelain plate (first year for state issued plates here). Most '14 Califunny plates are four or five numbers only (I have a five digit beginning with a "6" hanging on my wall).
This one appears to be "2117" following the "A".
Nice photo!
Thank you Jay, and all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 12:31 pm:

Wayne, The "A" plate is a new car dealer plate. Apparently, a new car dealer received a batch of plates with the same number and different letters, starting at A. More here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 07:34 pm:

Interesting. Thank you Thomas M, and for the link also. I will need to wander around that site for awhile later when I have more time.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration