Cabin Fever Relief, Entirely ON Topic

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Cabin Fever Relief, Entirely ON Topic
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 01:35 pm:

Greetings to All Of You,

This has been a rough winter for many of us, with the extreme cold which lasted for longer than usual, bad snow storms, ice storms, and the pervasive flu and other widespread "bugs".

I have been sick for a long time and I have what may be the worst case of Cabin Fever I have ever had which has been compounded by not having driven my T since before Thanksgiving Day. I try to get it out at least a few times during the winter to maintain mental health. I am courageous most winters but this one has flogged me severly.

There are (I think) 32 days until the first day of Spring, but who knows when the snow will all melt away. I am SO sick and tired of seeing only white. I am desperate for the sight of green grass, green leaves, colorful flowers, tomatoes on the vine.

I suspect that more than three or four of you could be similarly afflicted.

So, to offer possible forum wide treatment for this malady, I suggest that we post links to past threads about tours, shows, or almost anything with lots of GREEN: grass and leaves, flowers, fall colors, ANYTHING EXCEPT SNOW! Let's post as many as we want to help each of us make it through to Spring!

So, I'll start with a link to my Fall Foliage Tour from last year:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/801092.html?1508682733#MB

Hang in there folks! Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 01:40 pm:

Bill,

In the spirit of the politician of old...

"Stay the Course"...the flowers are coming (so I've been told)

NOT a tour - but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn5ghusEN-s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Stubenvoll on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 01:54 pm:

Living in the Frozen Tundra I know exactly what you mean! How about a red white and blue - black and green picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Stubenvoll on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 02:02 pm:

Or this one from my front yard on Memorial Day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 02:10 pm:

OCF 2017

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 03:48 pm:

Cheer up Bill. Spring is just around the corner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 04:05 pm:

Right now it's about 50 degrees here in East Texas and haven't driven Marvin in a couple of days. Maybe tomorrow? Does anyone ever retire and move north?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 04:44 pm:

My boss retired and bought a beach house in Minnesota.

Well not really.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 05:17 pm:

This should cheer you up, we have clouds in Southern Cal.

This was taken a couple minutes ago

Next I go down to the barn for some more sandpaper on the 09 body :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 06:18 pm:

Danger danger danger,

I am going to San Diego in a couple weeks.
Whenever I go to a warm climate in February, there is a blizzard or very cold weather back home.
For example I was in Tampa during the great blizzard.

My wife has contacted the plow guy and is stocking up in preparation of the impending storm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 07:00 pm:

Hey, Dave Stubenvoll! How were you able to get a flagpole to grow out of your runabout's top? And with the American flag attached, too! What fertilizer did you use? Doesn't that flagpole w/flag create a major wind drag factor for those 20 horses under the hood? :-)
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 07:21 pm:

Not the place to be if snow bothers you. I've had my fill by working in and outside for 30 years. I look out the window now & laugh at the snow but I hate it with a passion. I'll move further south but north? Never.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard ( Australia) on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 07:27 pm:

Summer time in Australia... here is a video a couple of weeks ago of part of the drive out of our valley up the mountain road to a Heritage weekend festival 50 miles away. I probably should have edited it a bit, but I figure when you get sick of it you'll turn it off!!! No wildlife , just road and trees and T noises.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ3QjfvX5Wk&feature=youtu.be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 07:27 pm:

I'll keep the "flag 'n car" theme going a bit as long as we're avoiding anything to do with snow!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 07:43 pm:

You're all gonna crown me (9. Informal To hit on the head.) but I wish we'd get some snow here in MN.
All the way into February and we have diddly squat.
My wife and I always hope for a real snowstorm when we can't go to town, go to work and are stuck at home for a few days. :-)
There's still time here.

I do wish for spring tho.

Mmmm

Mmmm2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 08:01 pm:

Duey, you want me to box up some snow and send it to you? We had about 10 inches Friday on top of what we had. Spring,green grass and mushroom hunting is right around the corner fellas. I usually enjoy winter and hunting with snow is great. Cold spells that last a coupe days is not to bad but this winter,enough is enough! Bring on the green grass ,flowers and warm weather T rides!!! Tinkering in the shop without 2 hours of trying to get the place warm to work. The cold has finally broke here. Its gonna be 40 tomorrow and stay above freezing for a couple days. Lets see some more photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 08:13 pm:

Dallas, I'm jealous. Send me all that snow and you can keep those darned mushrooms! The snow will melt soon.
We hit 29 today and a bit warmer on the morrow! Ten below a day or so ago.
Skid marks left from a model T on a gravel road at 25 mph in my second pic!
Bill and everyone, warm thoughts to you and yours.
:-)

(Message edited by duey_c on February 13, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 08:22 pm:

I will not rub in our weather but it did get down to 27 last night. I have not driven my 21 since last June and have only taken the 25 around the block 2 times, it's got insurance but not tagged and titled. Getting rusty, me not the car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 08:39 pm:

Oops,very early farm power.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 08:55 pm:

the boys gif.gif christina.jpg the boys gif.gif

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 08:55 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 08:57 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 09:11 pm:

Jay for the win!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Myers on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 09:21 pm:

Four of a kind beats a pair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Stubenvoll on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 10:21 pm:

Hey Marshall, look closer, the flag pole is really growing out of the seat! Much more streamlined. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 10:41 pm:

O.K. I see that now. It makes more sense aerodynamically for the flagpole to be growing out of the seat than the top. I was afraid otherwise you'd be overworking that poor old engine tooling down the road.
Nice looking runabout, by the way!
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 10:56 pm:

Before you know it the lightning bugs will be out and the cicadas will be singing in the trees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 10:23 am:

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all of the GREEN. I appreciate it more than you know. I will make an exception for the WHITE car and the WHITE clothing. ;-)

Keep 'em coming! Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 12:58 pm:

No cabin fever here! Spent the weekend with my son in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains. I love the North East...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 01:24 pm:

Oh Tim, can't you play nice? Why do you have to put salt in a wound? Go start your own "I love winter" thread. Sheesh.

"Get Him!"

"That is not the subject of today's discussion."

"How could he not understand what was a clear and simple request?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 02:45 pm:

Is that Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 04:17 pm:

Hi Richard,

Good eye.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 09:27 pm:

Dr. Watson to Sherlock Holmes:
"Which school was the highest level of education you reached, Holmes?"

Sherlock Holmes:
"Elementary, my dear Watson. Elementary."

N'yuck, n'yuk, n'yuk!!! I think cabin fever has hit me, too. Four months ago, this wouldn't have seemed funny to me.

Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 09:51 pm:

Hi Bill,

One of my favorite towns - Lordsburg, NM

Taken a few weeks ago

The older I get - the more I want to hop a train - run away & join the Circus.

But then I realize The Circus was shut down ....

Hope you are felling better ....

Your Friend FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 10:29 pm:

I thought it went:
Dr. Watson "Where do you get lemons from?"
Mr. Holmes " "A lemon tree my dear Watson."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 01:44 am:

The four little men with the ray gun look very familiar? Weren't they from the '50s Superman tv show two-parter special?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 12:23 pm:

This is why we pay the California Sunshine Tax.

Back to the glass paper in the barn :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration